What's new

Underworld - Worth a Double Dip? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What was that about triple-dipping for Black Hawk Down? Is there something new I should know about?

Methinks you have WAY too much time and money on your hands. You bought a fullscreen edition to see "detail"? What the heck does that mean?

I was pretty disappointed by this movie. "War between vampires and werewolves!!!" And what do we get? People striking phony action poses as they blaze away at each other with pistols. What a waste of a great idea.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Detail as in, you know, detail. I usually prefer to watch a film in widescreen, but sometimes I want to be able to see details such as set design, costumes, the actor's expressions - the usual stuff that you can't really discern when watching the widescreen (unless you have a really big monitor, which I do not).

And anyway I got it used so I basically got two for one.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Ah, I should have guessed! :)

Will_B, you should have saved that $10 to put towards a 16:9 TV! Or at least a DVD player with better downconversion. ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's worth a rental. Some people really like it, but I was disappointed. It wasn't awful or anything, but I was expecting more after hearing good things about it. It was a great concept and the story was decent, but the action was mostly silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks