What's new

Underworld SE Audio ? (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Is it just me or is the audio on the new Underworld SE release not nearly as "hot" as the original? I usually listen to movies at around -14db on my master volume control but had to drop that almost 10db on the original release. The new one sounds a bit loud at -14 but not nearly as loud as the original release.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, that would be a good thing, because the original was way too hot. I had to keep turning it down to keep from disturbing the neighbors...

Jason

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
That's a good thing. When it's too loud, things distort and you lose spatial sense. The surround channels are much cleaner now.

Shane Brolly is still horrid, though.

Paul_Silver

Auditioning
I found the center channel to be real soft and quiet in the SE release. I am really disappointed they did not keep the same sound levels. Now I have to manually adjust my center channel output for this one dvd. It sounds like all the actors took a step back from the mic to do their lines. Real disappointing.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks