What's new

Underrated/Overlooked TV series (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
This kinda bugs me from time to time...shows that inspired others..but get SOOOO overlooked!!!!!

For example..:

Dobie Gillis
Moonlighting

Not only was this show very well written for the most part...but if you notice the rythym in dialogue here and compare it to Moonlighting...well..you can see some inspiration.

My World And Welcome To It: Based on the works of James Thurber...DISTANT relative of mine...witty and ahead of it's time.

And your's are...????

GaryEA

Second Unit
My vote goes to either Relativity or My So-Called Life. Strong charcters, with solid writing. Damn fine shows.

-g

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Andy Richter Controls The Universe. We all love it here but the ratings say otherewise. Hopefully it won't go the way of the other shows mentioned in this thread for a while.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
My World And Welcome To It: Based on the works of James Thurber...DISTANT relative of mine...witty and ahead of it's time.
Wow, never heard of this! I'm a huge Thurber fan, even named my cat after him.

If anything, I'd say that My So-Called Life is OVERrated.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Shows Now Off The Air:
Freaks and Geeks
The $treet
Sports Night
Undeclared
Off-Centre
100 Centre Street
Working
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? (the Jonathan Frakes seasons)
Brutally Normal
Grosse Pointe
Action
Current Shows:
Insomniac with Dave Attell
Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn
Andy Richter Controls The Universe
Any show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim
Futurama
Firefly (hoping that it finds a new network)
John Doe

MattThiel

Grip
Family Guy (I am going to get the R1 Season 1 set)
I'm starting to watch Andy Richter.
I have seen 24 from the very beginning.
I only watched the (edited) pilot of Firefly :frowning: but I plan to see the 2 hour pilot.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Night Stand with Dick Dietrich-A faux talk show, beyond hilarious. Funniest line: "If your a necrophiliac and your love-life is dead, give us a call!" :laugh:
Junkyard Wars-Fairly simple. Build a machine, or car, or rocket, or anything automated out of parts found in a junkyard and then square off against an opposing team.
Liquid Television-I still don't understand why this show is only remembered as the birthplace of Beavis & Butthead. It had lots of original and intelligent skits.
Bruce

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
A couple of you think 24 is underrated/overlooked? What's your basis for that idea? I thought it was a huge success because Fox released the first season DVD set before the second season started. Perhaps its audience could be bigger if everyone got a chance to see it. I'll admit that I've only seen a few minutes of it, and that was from the second season premiere. I plan to see everything on DVD or HD-DVD one day.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
The Family Guy - baffles me that FOX didn't see the potential for a post-Simpson cartoon
Space: Above and Beyond - the best TV Sci-Fi show ever (IMO). Drama, action, intrigue, this show had it all! Another FOX blunder.

AdamM

Grip
The Invisible Man on the Sci-Fi channel. The cast worked so well together on screen. You have a thief with an awesome ability he doesn't want, and a hyper paranoid ex CIA/FBI agent to watch out for him. I just pray they release this series on DVD at some point.

I know realize that all Sci-Fi channel shows are doomed to no more than 3 season no matter how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks