What's new

Undercover Boss- WInery episode (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone watch the episode with the Winery owner? I was curious about one thing. In the episode they made a big deal about the wine-tasting women and not having a full time job and benefits. At then he makes her a full time employed with a 401k and medical. Plus, some extra cash. We then find out in the "In the weeks since" that she had a life change and left the company. I wonder what happened? Its seemed kinda of odd.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A good friend who works for another Winery called the entire thing fake; she laughed out loud at the assertion that a field manager carried around a Spanish-English dictionary; along with several other problems. This show has moved to the point where it's too staged, too many events seem pre-plotted, it's just not very good, frankly

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
It's not perfect, and as with any other reality series you can never be sure about how much reality you are witnessing. But at the end of the day it's still about hard-working employees being rewarded for their work and being recognized for their contribution to the company, and I'm fine with that.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Watched a few episodes, and although they throw in a happy ending for an employee, I see this as just another way for the 1% to get richer and richer. Get back to the boardroom and bring up all the ways you can do things cheaper with less employees. The employees may be loyal beyond belief, but screw them. They can be eliminated or replaced with some else at 1/3 the price. Worst paft of all is these greedy companies get loads of essentially free publicy showing how "wonderful" they are. Well they're full of BS and I will never paatronize any of them. I'm just a small fish in a big pond, but tell more people, who tell more people, and eventually make dent in their profits.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Stan said:
Watched a few episodes, and although they throw in a happy ending for an employee, I see this as just another way for the 1% to get richer and richer. Get back to the boardroom and bring up all the ways you can do things cheaper with less employees. The employees may be loyal beyond belief, but screw them. They can be eliminated or replaced with some else at 1/3 the price. Worst paft of all is these greedy companies get loads of essentially free publicy showing how "wonderful" they are. Well they're full of BS and I will never paatronize any of them. I'm just a small fish in a big pond, but tell more people, who tell more people, and eventually make dent in their profits.
Then watch them lay people off and those people either find other work, oftentimes at less than what they were making at the 'greedy companies', or they go on unemployment, which ultimately is paid for by everyone else. You really want to 'stick' it to the 'greedy companies'?! Go into the same business as them, do it better than them, and put them out of business (and hire the employees that they lay off at a higher rate). We need to quit whining about what other people make and either be satisfied with what we make ourselves, or improve ourselves so we can make more.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm not whining about what I make, could be better but it's fine. What I can't stand is the way so many of these corporations screw over their employees. Buy your own health insurance. We provide it for full-time people, but guess what, you only work 38, not the full 40 hours to qualify. I once worked for a company, WEST CORPORATION, scum of the corporate world, and you would be fired if you weren't at you desk, ready to go at your assigned time. Only problem was you had litterally 20 programs to open, all with different logons and passwords which took at least ten minutes. Completely illegal, yet this was expected to be done on your own time. Thankfully I quit after three months to save my sanity. This was six years ago and they haven't raised their wages a single penny since then. I'd love to open a competing business, but the consumer speaks. Very few businesses survive the competition from the big box stores. The few that do are the ones that get my business. I may pay a little more, but I'm helped by people who care and stand behind what they sell. I search out the smal businesses and refuse to buy at the bigger stores. Even the occasional fast food meal I may buy is done at local establshments, why buy at a McDonals's, Burger King or whatever. I support the little guy. Told this story years ago, but there was a vote in the neighborhood to either built a few moviie theatres or a Wal Mart at the vacant end of a mall. Turns out the elderly bitched and moaned because of the huge increase in traffic theatres would bring in. So instead, up goes a Wal Mart, with probably 10-20 times more traffic at all hours of the day. What a bunch morons, but they got what they voted for. Thankfully I live in a quiet area and am not affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks