What's new

Uncut ST:TNG in March without black bar (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
As you've been saying, too little too late.

Those seven silvery boxsets residing in my shelves have been enabling me to view the series in consecutive order with no interruptions nor onscreen logos nor compressed images because of the black message bar, etc., etc. 'Sides, the picture quality has never been better, as with the sound.

Interesting, though, that TNN's press release is a tacit admission to the unpopularity of that stupid message bar.

Why do people even bother with so trashy a network as TNN?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I was thinking the same thing Jack, they're fessing up to their mistake. With the season sets, there's no reason to bother with TNN.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I'll buck the trend. I have three of the box sets, plan to get the rest, and have no plans to watch episodes on TNN. Still, kudos to them for seeing the error of their ways and making a change. Maybe if we support this effort, other networks will take notice and scrap any future plans to add an information bar to their broadcasts. Fortunately, the only other examples--Oxygen is the only one that comes to mind, actually--are networks I don't watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ahh. Well, forget what I said, then. I'll leave my original post as a testament to what happens when you don't read the linked press release. :) :b

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why do people even bother with so trashy a network as TNN?
I like ST:TNG quite a bit, but I don't like it $700 worth. I enjoy the occaisional episode on TNN, and I'm glad they're going to get rid of that annoying black bar (at least for a bit).

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I will never understand why they include the black bar. I flat out don't watch TNN because of it. I'm not extremely principled its just when I watch a program with it I find it so distracting that it drives me so crazy that I flip to something else after a couple minutes.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Benson, I think they assume that most of their viewers need a long, LONG time to read what dem der purty pic-turs are :)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I think it must be affecting them ratings wise. Correct me if I'm wrong but none of their non wwf original programming are hits. It makes their station look cheap. I know many here hate any kind of station bug but I and many others wouldn't care so much if it showed the program title but was translucent.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't go even that far. I prefer a screen occupied only by the programming, not continuous advertising and distraction.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I said goodbye to TNN when I purchased my first TNG season set. I'll never go back, bars or no bars. There's no way TNN can make up for all the aggravation!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks