What's new

Uncharted series (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You'll be waiting years for this one to show up free on PS+....if ever. When did the PS 3 versions show up free?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What you can wait for is for it to hit the $10 or less mark, used. This will be such a hit that in a few years, every GameStop in the land will have a dozen used copies on the shelf at any one time.

This one won't have the scarcity to command high used prices once the newness wears off, since it's going to be a huge hit and there'll be a glut of them once people move on and trade them in.

For instance, I paid about $5 a while back for Uncharted 3 before the HD trilogy probably drove PS3 prices down even further (Not that I'm saying it wasn't worth much more, but that's just a perk of being a bit behind).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You can get it preordered or within 2 weeks after release from Amazon and get it for 20% off if you have Prime. That way its $48 at launch.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think U3 was a couple years. I'm in no rush. Free is free.
That free U3 was an error and was removed pretty fast. AFAIK it's never been "officially" free. Just sayin....[emoji3]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Technically, your version of "free" is really "$50 a year." And that's "if" it happens, not necessarily "when".

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Blerg. This game looks fun and is sorta on my "next" list. But I'm still about 10 hrs into FO3 and still short on gaming time.

Please tell me it's a terrible, horrible, no good, lousy sort of game so I can ignore it :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's rocking a 94 on Metacritic right now, so...

My plan is to pick it up on my way home from work today. Probably won't get to play a lot this week, or maybe even this weekend, but I'm fine with paying full price for an Uncharted game so I'll get it at release.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just got done installing. $47.99 at BB with Amazon Prime price match. [emoji106]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know Best Buy price matched Amazon Prime prices. That is very interesting...

I got it at GameStop because I had a $30 gift card. Got about 2 hours into it, part way into chapter 4. This is really feeling like a send-off for the series and Drake, but its good so far.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Depends on your Best Buy I guess. I'm friendly with all the managers so that helps.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
BestBuy price matches Amazon. My experience is it's Corp policy. I've been doing it for a couple of years. Just go to the checkout or customer service line with the product and your iPhone open to the Amazon listing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
We're talking about the Prime game discount Dave, not regular Amazon pricing. Technically since you're paying $99 a year for Prime, it's kinda like BB's Gamers Club, which costs $30 a year. The Amazon 20% discount is applied at checkout. So it's s bit of a grey area regarding price matching.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Made it about an hour in and had to go play with my Vive. It's a LOT more fun to me than the other Uncharteds and Tomb Raiders I've played, I might finish it. It's actually MORE fun than TLOU because you don't have to skirt the damn zombies!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Credits roll, after about 16 leisurely hours of play. Very much dug it. The pace perfected itself after I posted, was a rock solid up and down roller coaster ride till the end. The last 20 minutes were a bit full of non-interactivity tho. Best graphics in an adventure game, tho I still think Destiny has some of the best on any console game. Definitely recommended, pick it up used if you dont want to pay full price but be prepped for it to take a looooong time for a real price drop.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
In case you missed it: If you bought the Digital Deluxe version of Uncharted you get the Lost Legacy stand alone game for free! It took me a while to figure out how to do so: Go to the store, click on lost legacy and then try to pre-order it and it shows price FREE.

Downloads now, unlocks on Tuesday!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...edefines-the-series-approach-to-storytelling/

https://www.unchartedthegame.com/en-us/faqs/?emcid=em-st-115646&LearnMoreCTA

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/11/15258686/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-release-date-price-ps4

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks