What's new

Un-even brightness on all Wegas?? (1 Viewer)

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I read here about an un even brightness problem on the Wegas. Is this all models or just certain ones?? I have the KV-36fv16 and haven't noticed anything unusual about the picture. Is it something very noticable or only if you are looking for it?

Mike

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Put your Wega in 16:9 mode and look at the screen when it's blank. On my FV26, I can see that there's something of a column on the left side that's ever-so-slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. But when the screen's active, it's not noticeable.

Consider yourself unaffected by this non-issue of an issue.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Consider yourself unaffected by this non-issue of an issue.
Jack, this isn't the only uneven brightness problem affecting the WEGA. Some people, myself included, also experience a much more diffuse increase in brightness from the bottom of the CRT to the top. On my KV-32FS12 for example, the upper right 1/4 of the screen is noticably brighter than the rest. There is no distinct line of demarcation - the brighter area fades smoothly into the blacker area of the screen. Tweaking of SBRT via the service menu and proper calibration of the set with AVIA reduces the problem, but it is there and it is very noticable. Don't be so quick to dismiss this problem just because you're lucky enough to own a WEGA that popped off the production line on a good day. If this were affecting your television it *would* be an issue, I'm sure.

DP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks