What's new

Um...guys? What about "Millennium - Season 3"? (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
We have just over a month until the release. I did search for any reviews for the R1 on DVD Basen and there aren't any yet, I'm surprised nobody's recieved a review copy or just gotten their hands on it early somehow. I'm fairly confident that this set will materialize by September 6 but I'm somewhat worried because Fox has never provided the American coverart after initially releasing the bilingual Canadian art (some online retailers show what looks like the art without the French text but it seems like they just pasted a black bar overi t) AND foxstore.com doesn't list it yet and foxhome.com/millennium is still advertising Season 2 as a "preorder", which is sort of alarming. I just wanted to revive this thread so that someone will put my mind at ease as soon as someone gets their hand on Season 3 in Region 1.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Arghh! Foxtvdvd.com has a "Coming Soon" list that goes through the end of the year (they list the "Family Guy" volume 3 release on 11/29) yet there is no mention of "Millennium" Season 3 on September 6. I'm really starting to worry about this, their chronological listing goes from "Simpsons" Season 6 on 8/16 to "Pretender" Season 2 on 9/13. Does anyone know of any other Fox TV releases that are coming out that aren't included on that list? I'd like to think that "Millennium" just wasn't included because it's more obscure than the rest but, c'mon, it includes "Pretender" and "Point Pleasant". I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but at the very least, it doesn't look like Fox is putting any promotion behind this disc whatsoever. You'd think they'd have some information on their website, not to mention the ability to buy the thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I hope you're being paranoid:) If it makes you feel any better, Amazon and Deep Discount DVD have it listed with a date of September 6.

And if Fox didn't promote it when they were airing it, why would they promote the DVD? :) I guess the good thing is that even if S3 doesn't sell well, it's not like you have to worry about Season Four.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think my concern is somewhat reasonable given the evidence and the fact that, if released on September 6, there will be a 9-month space between releases as opposed to the usual 6. However, on the bright side, Fox's approach to season 3 of "Millennium" is probably something like this:

"the DVD's are done, we already released them in the UK. All we need to do is re-package them to match the American versions and the people that bought the first two will buy it, so we don't have to support it in any way".

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Well, FoxStore.com finally has it, which means Fox has actually acknowledged the fact that they're supposed to be releasing it in less than a month, although Foxhome.com/millennium is still hilariously outdated. The reviews should be showing up any time now, if they bothered to send out review copies, that is.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
foxhome.com/millennium has been updated (with the 9.06.05 release date), there are a few clips from the documentary. The coverart is still bilingual, I hope that's not the case when the set is actually released but a few French words aren't gonna stop me from buying it.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Good to see. I was getting a bit concerned since no studio should be avoiding publicity for a DVD set 2.5 weeks before the release date. To my eyes, Fox has not been taking significant care with many of their TV sets this year (overcompression on Wonderfalls and The Lone Gunmen, the return of DVD-10, etc). It is really sad to see the company who pretty much started the TV on DVD craze lacking any enthusiasm for their own properties. Hopefully these Season 3 disks will match the previous seasons in style and overall quality, but it is hard to be sure at this stage.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't knock Fox for not promoting Millennium (or alot of their other TV titles). It's not like some guy walking around Wal Mart or Best Buy would buy the show unless he is already a fan of the show. A few magazine ads aren't gonna change the sales figures that much. I'm just happy that they are releasing it at all:)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Yeah, I am waiting for FOX to send out the review copies. They were pretty good getting review copies for season one very early. I am glad they released the show to DVD. Millennium fans can rejoice when season 3 is out.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'm really surprised nobody's got their hands on this set yet. The release date is only 11 days away and there are no online reviews and nobody has claimed to found one early. I'm no longer worried that it's not coming out, my main curiosity is if the packaging is actually bilingual like every single picture shows. I'd like to read some reviews but since the content is identical in different regions you can just read reviews of the British version.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I actually have seen a picture or two without the bilingual text but it looks as if a black bar has just been pasted over the French text. The previous two covers used the same template and there are three upside-down triangles arranged into another triangle under the title where it says "VERSION FRANCAISE INCLUSE". All three triangles were visible on the previous seasons yet it looks like "VERSION FRANCAISE INCLUSE" has just had a black bar pasted over it on DVD Empire's page, the top triangle isn't visible. I zoomed in on the Best Buy pic but it's hard to tell whether they just erased the French wording.

DVD Empire:
http://dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.as...d=692799&tab=5

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Someone on another forum is saying that Fox didn't send out any screener copies. That wouldn't surprise me, but it could just be that they sent them late and reviewers haven't had the time to get through all six discs. The earliest review of Season 2 was posted only one day prior to release date according to DVD-Basen so it's possible. In any event, I've been scouring eBay, trying to find an actual pic of the set to see if the packaging is bilingual and so far there are only presells with the artwork provided by the studio. I remember doing similar searches prior to the release of "The Lone Gunmen" (because there was some debate as to whether "The Cap'n Toby Show" would be presented before or after "All About Yves" on the set) and somebody had their screener copy on sale well in advance of the street date.

David, did they send you a screener copy?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I realize at this point that I'm posting in this thread more than anyone else, anyways:

First of all, one of the mods at "This Is Who We Are" recieved a review copy. He mentioned it in a thread and I responded to ask if the review copy had bilingual coverart but he hasn't responded yet.

Also, I just realized that FYE is probably the only retailer in my town that will get this and they usually charge full SRP. Amazon.com's price is low enough that I can get the one-day shipping and still save about $10. I have a question, though: does Amazon.com ever ship anything before street date? They've given me an estimated delivery of September 7, which would (obviously) mean that they've estimated that my item would ship on release date, not the day before. I've preordered from them in the past but I've never used the one-day shipping, this is the only case where it's actually a reasonable option. I seem to remember them shipping items earlier than their estimate predicted but I'm just not sure. Is there any way to get an item from Amazon.com on the actual street date?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'm not to worried about it after it ships, I've never had a package take longer than it's supposed to, I've always got stuff like 2nd day or 1st day on time or earlier, I'm just hoping that they'll send it out on Monday.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
arghh, just realized Monday is Labor Day so I'm fairly sure that Amazon's shipping department won't be sending anything out until Tuesday. I'll probably end up canceling my order.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Bill, it is too bad that you don't have a Best Buy near you (unless you feel like treking to Fort Collins). It looks like they might be undercutting Amazon like they did with Season 2. The online price is $39.99 at the moment. It would be nice if FYE's online prices matched those of their retail stores as they are currently matching BB.com's price.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I know, Cheyenne isn't a sprawling metropolis but with a population of 60,000 you would think we'd have a Best Buy here. I'm not going to name names but I'll probably hit up the retailer where I found Season 2 early (I found it the Saturday before street date so I'm gonna check there tomorrow) and if they don't have it then I'm probably gonna go to FYE on Tuesday and see if I can get it in time to cancel my Amazon order. Worst case scenario: I'll end up with a second copy from Amazon that I can return to FYE. I'm pretty excited about this release (as you can probably tell from my repeated posts in this thread) and I don't want to wait any longer than necessary to get it. I've been collecting the Ten Thirteen shows for over 5 years. Season 1 of "The X-Files" was the first TV-on-DVD release I ever bought so finishing up the Ten Thirteen shows is a major milestone in my DVD collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks