What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TNG Case... (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Paramount will really put the so-called "secondary" characters alone on the fronts in the later season?

I can just see a big Paramount chief saying "Whose that black dude with the weird gold sunglasses on the cover? Put Kirk and Speck on the front!"

Seriously, I don't think they'll give the secondary characters their due. Picard, Riker, Data, then I am skeptical we'll see Troi, Beverly, Worf, Geordi (No Wes?).

My bet is they'll start in with montages by season 4.

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
These are fantastic Ric. Congratulations :)
Out of curiosity, what software are you using, Photshop?
Does anyone know a UK supplier of these DVD cases?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I use Photoshop 6. I really love the layers aspect of the program. Of course my file sizes are starting to get out of control! I planned on using the same document for the future TNG covers. Right now it has the entire spine design as well as season one and at 300 dpi already weighs in at 450 megs! It took my computer 6 minutes to open the thing!
I don't know about the UK, but I was talking to a guy over in Germany who was not having any luck finding a local supplier. I guess those shipping charges can get a little ezpensive!
As for DVD Cover Art. Matt has had numerous problems with his host and is in the process of getting a new one. I think he expects to be up in some fasion soon. He left a fairly detailed explanation of his problems over at the DVD Talk Forum in this thread starting around April 13th. Matt's site is great, and I know we all wish him the best in getting back up and running.
Also, don't forget that Parker has made my ST and ST:TNG covers available right here for those interested in downloading them. There is also a low res version of all the spines, if you wish to print them up as placeholders until seasons 2 thru 7 are finished.
Ric

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
ut does anybody have any info on when http://dvdcoverart.com will be live again?
hopefully soon. My current host was not "meeting my needs" so I've switched to another one. I'm hoping the DNS change will go through quickly. I still need to finish up the new site (as it's all dynamically generated with PHP now) and finish uploading, but I'm hopeful that it will be live again by the end of the week

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Hey Ric!
When you get finished with the Star Trek covers (awsome BTW), here some more work for ya: ;)
Clerks
Chasing Amy
Mallrats
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Dogma
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Star Trek 1
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: ???
Superman: The Movie
Superman 2
Superman 3
Superman 4
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Young Guns
Young Guns 2
American Pie
American Pie 2
Batman
Batman Return
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Highlander
Highlander 2: Renegade Version
National Lampoon's Vacation
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
National Lampoon's European Vacation
National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
Rush Hour:
Rush Hour 2
Silence Of The Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon (2002)
Sopranos: The Complete First Season
Sopranos: The Complete Second Season
Seriously - Have you thought about doing any more?
-Mike

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Oooo. I may just have to go ahead and do my TNG DVDs this way. I really hate not using the original packaging, but I equally hate not having the R2 packaging.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
Wow, that's some list! I understand why you would want to replace snapper case covers like the Superman and Batman DVDs. But what's wrong with the others(Kevin Smith's movies, The Alien and Star Trek series)?
Or are you just pullin' my leg?
Also some of these have already been done, and pretty well I might add, ie The X-Files and I remember seeing the Sopranos somewhere.
Maybe it's time to bring back Kenneth Cummings
***Official Custom Cover Thread ***
-Ric

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Somewhat joking - BUT - us fellow collectors with shelf space as an issue - I would LOVE to replace say 5 single cases with one 5-disk case (a la, the jersey trilogy)
See-what-I-mean :)
-Mike

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
First of all, a BIG thanks to Ric for doing the covers. The artwork, design and layout are fantastic!

Hopefully this isn't to far off topic but I ordered and just received 3 cases from InetDVD (2 - 7's and a 6)for the series and am patiently awaiting Ric's new covers and the discs. I noticed on 2 of the 3 that the fronts were scratched, one of them in the middle third of the case. Is this normal for shipments of these? The 3 I had were just put into a box with a few styrofoam peanuts and taped up.

If this is normal then that will be fine but didnt want to query InetDVD if this was their usual condition when they arrive.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Colin,

If you are not happy with your cases email inetdvd. Scott will correct any problem you have. Normally they are packed with a few peanuts or are packed tight enough to take up the entire box.

Britton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if Kinkos will let you bring in your own paper and print it with their computers? I have a crappy printer, and so far I haven't found a way to resize the picture so it will fit on a legal size sheet of paper on my computer. I went to my local Kinkos today, but they only had regular office paper there that didn't quite cut it. Also, does anyone know of any free or really cheap program that will let me do a custom print layout like Photoshop does?

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Kinkos will let you bring in your own paper and print it with their computers?
I don't see why they would care. They will save money cause they are not using their paper and are still charging you the same price. I would suggest you call them and ask.

Britton

Screenwriter
I would suggest you call them and ask.
Heh heh, actually I thought to myself the instant I posted this that "hmm, maybe it would make sense for me to call the actualy employees and find out." Thanks for taking the time to respond anyways Frank!

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
Ric = Awesome!

I wasn't going to replace the TNG cases, but I just might now. Great Job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks