Ultimate James Bond DVD set, region 3

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bobby S, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Bobby S

Bobby S Extra

Just picked up the greatest-looking James Bond set I have ever seen. Contains 19 MGM 007 DVDs, a DVD sampler, a CD featuring 22 songs/themes from all the Bond films, a miniature die-cast reproduction of the 007 car from Die Another Day, and postcard sized reproductions of 19 Bond original movie posters. And everything is housed in a metal attache case with real working combination locks. All the DVDs come in digipacks that are in slipcases, 6 of them in total, I believe. this monster weighs in at 15 pounds! This is an official MGM release in region 3 and all the films are DD 5.1 and widescreen. There is a metal engraved tag on the outside of the case which, on my set, reads "Agent 328", meaning I have set # 328. But the tag is removable and can be engraved on the opposite side with anything you want it to say. So I am wondering if anyone else has this set and what # they got? Just trying to figure out how many sets were made. I am thinking a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 1000. This set must be seen to be believed! I urge any Bond fans to try to get this set now before they're gone. I doubt we'll ever see something this elaborate in the USA.

2. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Wow. Weird, I live in R3 and I've never seen anything like this. The shops here sell either the R1 sets (i.e. in 3 parts), or the R4 one with 19 movies and a slot for DAD.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't bought the first run of Bond sets when they came out a few years ago...

3. RexW

RexW Stunt Coordinator

We had a boxed set of them here in region 2. But the one you got sounds better.
    Ours was limited (but not numbered) to 7777 sets.