What's new

Ugly Betty (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see that coming.

Can anyone tell me what the story was with the brother that Daniel told her when they were looking across the river? My dvr froze right when he started to talk about his brother and the ski accident. So I missed that entire conversation. Guess I'll have to watch it on ABC.com if they get it up.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
He was in a Skiing accident and presumed dead. Now he/she is back to try and take over the company

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The funny thing is that his ahem... brother used to call him up at the wee hours of the night to meet him at strange places for unique experiences. Clearly, Daniel remembered Alex fondly. I wonder what caused Alex/Alexis to sour on his family like that?

Yup, definitely didn't see that one coming...

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
So it appears that another major event that occurred in the last episode is the beginning of a possible relationship between Betty and Daniel.

It was subtle, but is sure seemed like they were laying the groundwork for a relationship to blossom. I, for one, am not against it, and could see it happening. Especially with a bit of a makeover for Betty. She doesn't need to drastically change her appearance, but a little bit might go a long way.

What do others think about this occurring? It is the path the original series took, as well as several of the remakes.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Highly opposed to any makeover for Betty or a relationship with Daniel. Now, Henry, that's another story. He's delicious.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I don't want Betty and Daniel to be anything other than friends.
I want Betty to be with the accountant guy.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Walter should have stayed with Gina... I find his character to be both annoying and not good enough for Betty. I can't believe they are still playing this triangle but it's well past it's sell by date. I want to see Betty & Henry give things a try ASAP.

noswalc

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey Clawson
Glad to see new episodes again.

My favorite moment (predictable as it was) was when Constance attacked Claire Meade. Judith Light really pulls off her character witty and dry.

I felt really bad for Betty and her orthodontist. It's obvious that she and Henry are supposed to be together. I bet they'll drag it out just as much as the Jim/Pam romance on the office.

noswalc

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey Clawson
Did anyone else notice that Charlie from UB is played by the same actress as Charlie from Heroes?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a really great series this has become. I loved the way the orthodontist was like the Greek chorus on all of these intertwing storylines. His helpful "no, that's Henry!" clarification had me in stitches.
Claire Meade has become one of my very favorite characters. Her dry wit cuts through all of the BS.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
The orthodontist is the same actor who plays Richie on the new series "The Class". He's great on that show, and his timing and delivery is spot on.

UB really has done a good job casting the "minor" roles with great actors that flow right with the pace of the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Amanda" - loved the resolution to that subplot, but Amanda is just funny when she's snarky, even if she got "had", the viewers benefited from it. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"We had sex during Hotel Rwanda!"

Another great episode in a series that has yet to falter. Betty's joy at Daniel's gesture. Daniel's mother just absolutely crushed at the phone after Wilhelmina's deception. Betty's effort to help Daniel leading him in an even worse direction. Is anybody else still watching?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I sure am. This, along with Heroes, is the best new show of this past year.

There were so many funny lines between Marc and Amanda over the past couple episodes. They have quickly become my favorite two characters. Plus Amanda is hot. :D

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Nobody gonna mention the season finale???

I thought it was brilliant! :emoji_thumbsup: A wonderful example of how to show the viewers that there's lots of potential for next year.

And Thank Goodness for a series that both me and the Networks agree is good.

(but it was very sad at the end) :frowning:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Especially considering the arc the one character, in particular, made.

They've set things as bad as they can possibly go, pretty much. It'll be interesting to see how they come out of them in September. One thing is for sure; these are characters I care about now — even Amanda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks