UFC Ongoing Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Andres Munoz, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

2. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Casey,

Thanks for your answers, on these most recent questions and other things I have brought up. You, this thread, and a number of the regulars posting here have really helped me to get into watching and enjoying MMA.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Well, that's great to hear because that really is the goal of this thread IMO.

I don't mind answering questions, in fact it is something I enjoy. It allows me to spread knowledge and if (and it happens from time to time) I don't know the answer, I can do research and find out which helps me.

I've said this before, but other than my work on my website, I don't discuss MMA anywhere else but here and that's because of the people.

4. Casey Trowbridg

5. Casey Trowbridg

6. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I don't know if it's the way the commercials are done but this upcoming season of TUF looks like it's going to have some really good, hard-hitting matches.

Can't wait.

7. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I look forward to anything with Cung Le in it. So much so that I doubt my feelings about watching him fight will change even if he loses.

I read somewhere that he's only planning to fight for a limited number of years (a few more?) then try to get into movies. I think that's smart on his part as I've often thought in the past the he should be in movies. He seems to have the charisma and physical presence, if not the acting chops. Also, it's a much easier way to make a lot of money, though there's no guarantee the public would accept him at the next action star. Still, if Jet Li no longer wants to make Martial Arts films, Jackie Chan approaching great grandfather age, and Jean-Claude Van Damme basically a glorified greeter these days, there seems to be an untapped market out there for a Cung Le if he can get in the right movies.

Who do I want to win? Go Cung Le!

8. Casey Trowbridg

Mikah, Cung has actually already started the process of getting in to movies and I completely agree with everything you wrote.

I've actually not seen any of the TUF 7 commercials. Hard to believe it is only 2 week's away though.

The card for the CBS debut of EliteXC should be known later this afternoon.

The Fedor situation is really weird and M-1 Global is really doomed.

Chris Lytle is looking to return at UFC 86.
    All UFC 82 drug tests are good
    -
    New bout for Le Vs. Shamrock No way this makes TV.

WEC 33 is complete...again

There's a ShoXC card on Friday and another on April 5
    Yes, I've been busy today and I'm still a little behind.

9. Casey Trowbridg

10. Casey Trowbridg

11. Casey Trowbridg

ShoXC recap

Tonight is the best example of why elbows to the back of the head are illegal, Thomas Denny was knocked incoherent, well...until he gave his post-fight interview.

12. Casey Trowbridg

13. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Casey, did you believe the elbows to the back of the head in ShoXC were intentional? Actually, to be accurate, I have to ask the question differently. In Muay Thai, you can apparently elbow to the back of the head. The guy is a Muay Thai fighter. Do you think he didn't care what he was doing and just wanted to punish Thomas Denny after getting beat up for most of the round, or do you think in the heat of the moment, he just "forgot" he couldn't do it?

I was actually pretty angry about the illegal elbow triple-strike to the back of the head. And by angry, I mean 6-12 month suspension. However, I don't really know the fighter's reputation and I'm trying to convince myself that while the blows were intentional, breaking the rules was accidental in the heat of the moment (reverting to what he knows).

14. Casey Trowbridg

Mikah, I'm going to be honest with you. I simply don't know the answer to that question and like you I have been trying to figure it out in my head since it happened. I'll say that Malaipet's post-fight interview didn't leave me thinking they were accidental but then to be fair to the guy his command of English wasn't so great and it is hard to say that what he said and meant to say were the same thing.

Does he have a reputation for doing this sort of thing? No, but then until Friday he had a 4-fight professional career and it is hard to have a reputation for much of anything after 4 fights.

I'd like to hope/believe that it was a case of him being thankful and relieved for having escaped that position and just being a bit over-excited and forgetting what he was doing. That's what I'd like to think...I'm not sure I can convince myself that's what happened though.

15. Casey Trowbridg

16. Casey Trowbridg

Chris Lytle Vs. Josh Koscheck at UFC 86

I didn't write a whole lot about the fight in that post but I'll give you guys a brief impression. Koscheck has in recent fights emphasized his striking more and gone away a little from the Wrestling that is what made him a star. Well, if you ask me he'd be wise to go back to the wrestling against Lytle because Lytle is the kind of guy that can knock him out if he's not careful. Koscheck may be too comfortable with his striking if that makes any sense.

17. Casey Trowbridg