What's new

UFC Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Interim match between B.J Penn and Joe Stevenson? Isn't that the belt that Sean what's his name "lost" because he tested positive for drugs? If so, why is this an interim match? That guy wasn't stripped of the title?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
It is an Interim title match because Sherk hasn't been stripped yet. The reason Sherk hasn't been stripped yet is because the CSAC has yet to even hear his appeal. If his suspension is shortened, UFC is not going to strip him at all. If it is upheld, he will be stripped and the match will be a Lightweight title bout not an Interim Lightweight title bout.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Cage Rage 24 ‘Feel the Pain’
Wembley Arena, London England
Saturday: December 1, 2007

1. Ronnie Man Def. Jordan Miller: 0:33 R1, (Triangle Choke)
2. Robert Paczkow Def. James McSweeney: 2:09 R1, (Submission Choke)
3. Abdul Mohamed Def. Robbie Olivier: 5:00 R3, (Majority Decision)
4. Ivan Serati Def. Lee Hasdell: 1:34 R2, (Rear Naked Choke)
5. Neil Grove Def. Robert Berry: 5:00 R1, (technical submission, could not continue)
6. Mark Buchanan Def. George Castro: 3:15 R2, (TKO)
7. Mark Epstein Def. Tom Watson: 5:00 R3, (Split Decision)
8. Marius Zaromskis Def. Ross Pointon: 3:39 R2, (TKO Dr. Stoppage)
9. Drew Fickett Def. Mark Weir: 3:55 R1, (Rear Naked Choke)
10. Paul Cahoon Def. Elvis Sinosic: 0:21 R1, (KO due to strikes)
11. Murilo Rua Def. Xavier Foupa-Pokam: 3:47 R2, (Rear Naked Choke)

Notes: They announced March 8 as the date for Cage Rage 25.

For full play-by-play
http://combat-hooligans.com/2007/12/...ound-coverage/

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like Randy's MMA career is over. From whats reported about his contract, he will never fight again unless its with the UFC. So I suppose Fedor would have to sign with the UFC, for at least a fight, to get Couture back. I think Randy is perhaps a little too high on himself if he thinks no one in the heavyweight division cant give him a run for his money. But if the desire isnt there to fight a non-Fedor fighter, probably time to call it quits.

Oh well, I think a Big Nog/Sylvia title fight will be a good match up. We need Andrei Arlovski back, and not clean, shaven Arlovski. The hairy beastly Arlovski when he actually rocked and was agressive and kicked ass.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Josh, Arlovski has 1 fight left on his contract and they want to renegotiate. However, he wants a million dollars a fight, yes I'm serious, and after his last few performances, the UFC isn't wanting to give him anywhere near it.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Arlovski, off the top of my head, hasnt had an entertaining fight since he beat Sylivia for the title. Its been one hesitant, snooze fest since then. If I was Dana, I wouldnt dream of giving him that sort of cash. Arlovski could be a huge star if he went back to the old Arlovski. I wonder if he's afraid of getting TKO'd ever since Sylvia beat him.

Everyone remember, Best of UFC is on tonight on Spike. 3 hours, hopefully they will show tons of great fights/knockouts/submissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks