UFC 2009

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xbox808, Apr 21, 2009.

1. xbox808

xbox808 Auditioning

Any body try the new UFC demo/beta game? I think it was supposed to come out today.

2. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

I played the demo the other day and I like it. The game play seemed solid and I liked the controls.

3. Matt^Brown

Bump - I guess I am shocked no one else has tried this game out. I figured by now that a couple of people would have responded.

I tried to read some reviews on the upcoming game last night but did not find a lot on it. IGN is my normal spot for game material but little was to be found.

4. Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Andrew Pierce
    I played it a little, I dunno, the controls seemed a little complicated but pretty well done given the depth of moves available, and they did a good job of making each of the fighters play like they should. On the downside the fighters (and especially ring girls, yish) seemed to spend a little too much time in the Uncanny Valley. In short it seemed like a solid game but it just didn't really connect with me and ended up sitting on the shelf.

I guess I'd rather just watch UFC and play less realistic fighting games. BTW, nice win over James Wilks the other night, Matt :D

5. Matt^Brown

Thanks Andrew! LOL It really is pretty fun to have a guy with my name to root for during the fights.

Andrew did you buy the game? I never ended up having the money to buy it when it came out and now I have moved on to Modern Warfare 2. I still would like to go back and buy this sometime. Do a lot of people fight online?

6. Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Andrew Pierce
    I rarely play online, since I'm a fairly casual gamer. I find thast going online you face an invincible army of 12 year olds who have done nothing but play THAT GAME 24 hours a day since it was released, except maybe they spent a little time scouring the internets for cheap tactics and exploits . So, I dunno if there's a lot of activity online or not.