U.S. Top Gear trailer

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Shawn Shultzaberger, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

Here's the new U.S. Top Gear trailer. I will give it a chance. Even the original Top Gear was a bit slow in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBcQ93e6Ns&feature=player_embedded

2. Brent M

Brent M Producer

The UK Top Gear is easily one of my favorite TV shows of all-time. I know before even seeing a minute of the U.S. version that it has no chance of being anywhere as entertaining as the UK show, but I'm a car fanatic so I'll watch it regardless. The only one of those three hosts I've ever heard of is Tanner Faust and that's because he's done some supercar shows on Speed Channel. While it would be an unexpected surprise if the show itself actually turns out good I'll still tune in for all the car stuff....and take comfort in the fact that the UK version will be back for a new season in the fall.

3. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I think you got it. It's hard to say, but the chemistry between Clarkson-Hammond-May is one of the best in the business. They come across as the kind of guys who probably do hang out after the show (real or not) and the show is a lot more fun because of how well they work together. That's just really hard to duplicate. I am wondering who will be "The Stiig" in the US version ;)

4. Ralphie_B

Ralphie_B Stunt Coordinator

Some say his droppings have been found as far north as York - and that he has a full-size tattoo of his face... on his face. All we know is, he's called "The Stig!"

Love the original. I'll give the US version a chance -- but knowing it'll be without that British humor/aesthetic, I don't expect to enjoy it as much. And as was said above, it'd be virtually impossible to duplicate the trifecta of Clarkson/Hammond/May.

5. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

I'll give Adam Ferrara a chance [from Rescue Me], but they missed the boat not securing Adam Carolla, who has an American spin on Clarkson's glib humbuggery.