What's new

TX-NR905 Onkyo Receiver (1 Viewer)

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
Dose anyone who has the 905 have a problem with the fm stereo display illuminating when a stereo station is tuned in in the auto mode and you can hear that it is stereo but the display doesn't light to tell you it is stereo?

Thank you!
Richard Ringenbach

Echo42987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
You mean it's not showing you it's playing in stereo when you have a stereo station tuned in?

Aren't all FM stations stereo, unless were talking about HD radio?

-Nick-

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
It's not showing stereo when I am tuned into a stereo station which is coming in clearly and the tuner is in the auto mode and the word tuned is displayed! As far as I know most if not all fm stations are broadcast in stereo!

Echo42987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I think since it is automatically a stereo format it doesn't show it but just outputs it that way. I'll look into it a little more.

-Nick-

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
It tells me in the manual that the fm stereo display is suppose to light up when a stereo station is tuned in with the tuner in the auto mode. I called Onkyo customer support and the customer service rep thought it should be activated. I might also add that the salesman where I bought the unit from agrees it should be activated.This is the second new 905 I have now because I returned the first one because of this same problem! I wonder whether or not it is an assembly problem, missing or bad component? I also have a 939 receiver that I've had for years that indicates stereo using the same outdoor antenna with a rotor.

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
I found out today from Onkyo that the fm stereo display is superseded by the HD radio feature on the NR905,so the manual has a mistake in it.

Richard Ringenbach

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks