Two Holiday Classics and a Scooby Snack From Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by AaronSCH, Nov 2, 2006.

1. AaronSCH

AaronSCH Second Unit

Well, it just doesn't stop so I am gonna get that second job to pay for all these discs. Warner just announced the classic "A Christmas Story," "Scooby Doo," and the previously announced "Christmas Vacation" the full story is here: Warner Bros. Holiday Fare

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Finally Christmas Vacation! Greatness.....[​IMG]

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Excellent! I'll definitely want both Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story (best Christmas movie ever!) on HD DVD! Scooby the movie.... not so much. Though the classic cartoons would be fun.

4. AaronSCH

AaronSCH Second Unit

A Christmas Story is one of a small handful of holiday-themed films that can truly be called a classic. I used to have the two-disc 20th anniversary edition but I never thought this particular title would be rushed to high definition so quickly.

5. Mark Basile

Mark Basile Stunt Coordinator

It was one of the first titles available on DVD when that format came out as well, although it was owned by MGM at the time, so I'm not surprised. Plus, it's Christmas time. Nice that two of the best Christmas movies will be in hi-def this year. I wonder how big of an improvement over standard def they will be?

6. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Based on the way they were filmed and how they look on DVD. I'm guessing that Christmas Vacation will look great but many will complain about or be dissapointed in A Christmas Story. It was filmed with flat colors and probably will appear soft and a little grainy in HD.