Two different cases for SNOW WHITE Blu-ray...I bought the wrong one!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Dick, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I'm a little unclear about Disney's marketing strategy with this release. A Blu-ray-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a DVD; a standard DVD-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a standard DVD. An actual standard DVD will be released later. Will it, too, come in two sizes, just to confuse the hell out of everyone again? At Target, not knowing about this difference, I just saw a Blu-ray of SNOW WHITE and grabbed it from the shelf. I did not notice the size of the case until I stood it up alongside my other Blu-rays (I separate them). But I had already opened it, and was unable to return it for an exchange. Anyone else do this, or am I just lame? (wait...don' answer that...just let me know if you are aware of any online exchange programs).

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    In my review thread for Snow White, there was some discussion about the different cases. Interestingly, Disney sent the DVD-sized case for my review copy (which I pictured at the top of the review), but other reviewers got the standard Blu-ray version release and for the sake of completeness, I ported over the image of the Blu-ray case in one of the follow-up responses.

3. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

The Blu case has a pretty big blue border on top, so that should make it rather easy to see the difference. Then there's also the hight difference, but I can understand that the two different versions would make it confusing to some people (not me personally, but hey).

4. DonMac

DonMac Stunt Coordinator

The OP is not clear on which case is the "right one" - the Blu-ray standard-sized case or the DVD standard-sized case?

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Seems pretty clear to me. He bought the standard DVD case instead of the slightly fatter BD case. Caveat emptor, my friend. ;)

6. ATimson

ATimson Second Unit

Given that he mentions noticing the difference when standing it up against his Blu-ray cases, I would say that the Blu-ray case is what he considers the right one. (For what it's worth, so do I.)

7. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    While I agree that the Blu-ray case is technically more correct (With 2 BDs + 1 DVD), in my opinion, the DVD cover design is superior in that Snow White is the focal point, rather than the Witch!

CHEERS! :)