What's new

Two different cases for SNOW WHITE Blu-ray...I bought the wrong one! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm a little unclear about Disney's marketing strategy with this release. A Blu-ray-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a DVD; a standard DVD-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a standard DVD. An actual standard DVD will be released later. Will it, too, come in two sizes, just to confuse the hell out of everyone again? At Target, not knowing about this difference, I just saw a Blu-ray of SNOW WHITE and grabbed it from the shelf. I did not notice the size of the case until I stood it up alongside my other Blu-rays (I separate them). But I had already opened it, and was unable to return it for an exchange. Anyone else do this, or am I just lame? (wait...don' answer that...just let me know if you are aware of any online exchange programs).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In my review thread for Snow White, there was some discussion about the different cases. Interestingly, Disney sent the DVD-sized case for my review copy (which I pictured at the top of the review), but other reviewers got the standard Blu-ray version release and for the sake of completeness, I ported over the image of the Blu-ray case in one of the follow-up responses.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
The Blu case has a pretty big blue border on top, so that should make it rather easy to see the difference. Then there's also the hight difference, but I can understand that the two different versions would make it confusing to some people (not me personally, but hey).

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
The OP is not clear on which case is the "right one" - the Blu-ray standard-sized case or the DVD standard-sized case?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Originally Posted by Dick

I just saw a Blu-ray of SNOW WHITE and grabbed it from the shelf. I did not notice the size of the case until I stood it up alongside my other Blu-rays (I separate them). But I had already opened it, and was unable to return it for an exchange. Anyone else do this, or am I just lame? (wait...don' answer that...just let me know if you are aware of any online exchange programs).
Seems pretty clear to me. He bought the standard DVD case instead of the slightly fatter BD case. Caveat emptor, my friend. ;)

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by DonMac

The OP is not clear on which case is the "right one" - the Blu-ray standard-sized case or the DVD standard-sized case?
Given that he mentions noticing the difference when standing it up against his Blu-ray cases, I would say that the Blu-ray case is what he considers the right one. (For what it's worth, so do I.)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Given that he mentions noticing the difference when standing it up against his Blu-ray cases, I would say that the Blu-ray case is what he considers the right one. (For what it's worth, so do I.)
While I agree that the Blu-ray case is technically more correct (With 2 BDs + 1 DVD), in my opinion, the DVD cover design is superior in that Snow White is the focal point, rather than the Witch!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks