What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The one thing they will never be able to duplicate? The fact that most of the principals on the original series were very young and model beautiful. I almost don't want to see them today. It would be like going to your 25th high school reunion and realizing all your fantasy crushes (and you) got old (and that some of them could probably crush you by sitting on you now). No doubt they'll sprinkle in a new crop of demographically desirable and beautiful young, but who else besides Dale Cooper (and maybe Bob) is essential?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'd say Cooper is the only character that has to come back but I imagine that we'll see most of the actors who are able or interested. Not that they're going to come up with a multi-episode Norma storyline but I figure if Peggy Lipton wants to do it, we'll see the character again.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hollywoodaholic said:
The one thing they will never be able to duplicate? The fact that most of the principals on the original series were very young and model beautiful. I almost don't want to see them today. It would be like going to your 25th high school reunion and realizing all your fantasy crushes (and you) got old (and that some of them could probably crush you by sitting on you now). No doubt they'll sprinkle in a new crop of demographically desirable and beautiful young, but who else besides Dale Cooper (and maybe Bob) is essential?
Fair warning....don't Google any recent Lara Flynn Boyle images.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
bob, would have to be replaced, as frank silva passed in 95, maybe Leland's doppelgänger can take his place, what we need Audrey Horne is running the Hotel, Bobby and Shelly got married and Bobby is an upstanding member of the community, James had a motorcycle accident and died, Annie, is doing fine, or is she? Big Ed is starting to unravel and Nadine is starting to seem normal.

With the budget and event status that Showtime is going to give this, plus the fact that they don't have to appease the network censors, all bets are off on how weird and great this can get!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
As far as storylines go, I want Cooper to still be possessed by BoB but perhaps he's spent years investigating crimes that he himself committed without knowing it. I'd like to see Audrey running the Horne business after having had an ill-fated (or near fatal) relationship with Cooper.
I hope poor Nadine has gotten a nifty, new eyepatch and that her drape runners are as quiet as a mouse.

There are at least 3 original actors who have passed away. With such a huge original cast it would be easy for the new show to rotate characters in and out as they were needed.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
davidmatychuk said:
Invoked! I'm glad there's still room on the table for more. I guess I was 2 days ahead of my time, unlike "Twin Peaks", which was 25 years ahead of its time. In fact, they put "25 Years Later" right in there, 25 years ago, then waited 25 years. This compares to nothing else in entertainment history, except maybe that gum you like.

25-years.jpg

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Cooper's still stuck in the Black Lodge as far as we know. Its the Doppelganger that escaped.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
dana martin said:
bob, would have to be replaced, as frank silva passed in 95, maybe Leland's doppelgänger can take his place, what we need Audrey Horne is running the Hotel, Bobby and Shelly got married and Bobby is an upstanding member of the community, James had a motorcycle accident and died, Annie, is doing fine, or is she? Big Ed is starting to unravel and Nadine is starting to seem normal.
Strictly speaking, they could probably reuse footage of Silva, with a digital tweak or two. It's not like BOB is really a "character," per se -- he tends to have other people speak for him, or appears in mirrors or whatever.

His first appearance was pretty much an accident. He just needs to appear as a leering face, or something.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since BOB is a mystical character, they can pretty easily come up with a 'reasonable' explanation for why he looks different. He could have taken on the appearance of another creepy looking guy or we just don't see the reflection of anyone possessed by him.

On an unrelated topic, I saw David Lynch speak about a month ago and during the Q&A, someone asked if he was working on a movie right now and he said he had nothing going on and I was bummed out that a guy who is truly an artistic genius couldn't get funding any more. Fortunately, he was just lying to everyone (though technically, he was planning on doing a TV show rather than a movie so maybe he isn't a liar :)).

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
I have yet to see any official information on the audio sync issue so many have reported. Was there ever an official confirmation of the issue. Was there ever a fix?
Amazon stopped selling the set for awhile and then quietly started up again. Does this imply that on newer versions of the set, the issue has been fixed?
From reviews, comments etc. it has been unclear if the issue:

[*]Occurs on some sets but not others.
[*]Occurs with some players, but not others
[/list]

Hoping for the best, I ordered mine last Friday and it is "In transit". I am looking forward to watching this again - knowing the show is returning sweetens the pot!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Here are some pictures that were taken on October 31st, 1990. My girlfriend maintained her costume as "Laura Palmer (She's Dead, Wrapped In Plastic)" that entire Hallowe'en. I think I'm appropriately "terrifying", and I hope we'll be seeing Bob in 2016, because clearly it can be done. These pictures may also provide perspective for my post here (it's #100) about meeting the late great Frank Silva one year later.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
davidmatychuk said:
Here are some pictures that were taken on October 31st, 1990. My girlfriend maintained her costume as "Laura Palmer (She's Dead, Wrapped In Plastic)" that entire Hallowe'en. I think I'm appropriately "terrifying", and I hope we'll be seeing Bob in 2016, because clearly it can be done. These pictures may also provide perspective for my post here (it's #100) about meeting the late great Frank Silva one year later.
Oct. 15, 2014 scans0004.jpg
Oct. 15, 2014 scans0001.jpg

Oct. 15, 2014 scans0006.jpg

The photos posted above vanished from my attachments, so here they are again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This never would have happened if Frost and Lynch didn't own the show and have the leeway to negotiate and promote (and care about their creation) on their own. Another pivotal moment for this show in TV history. Which brings up the question who was the first show creator to have the power to own their own series. Lucy?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hollywoodaholic said:
This never would have happened if Frost and Lynch didn't own the show and have the leeway to negotiate and promote (and care about their creation) on their own. Another pivotal moment for this show in TV history. Which brings up the question who was the first show creator to have the power to own their own series. Lucy?
IIRC, Lucy and Desi owned part of I Love Lucy by necessity. CBS didn't want to pay for the cost of using film, they wanted the show done live from New York with kinescopes for the west coast. So, Desilu made up the difference to film the show in Hollywood, and made huge money when they sold their part of the show back to CBS in '58.

/Resurrected the thread just to mention I finally found Twin Peaks on blu for a decent price... just over $50 bucks from Amazon UK. It probably won't be here by Christmas, but I should have fun watching it when it makes it here. Maybe this time I can make it through that final, post-Palmer stretch of episodes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The Obsolete Man said:
Maybe this time I can make it through that final, post-Palmer stretch of episodes.
If you can just make it through the first disc of episodes afterwards, the last six or so episodes get really good when they start focusing on Windom Earle. To me, the series finale is the show's shining moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks