What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2 slated for DVD this November...in Austrailia (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
This comes from Moviehole.net:

Excited.

Gotta get fresh ones out of the laundry, excited.

What’s all the dampness about?

Give ya a clue : “Diane, 11:30 a.m., February Twenty-fourth. Entering the town of Twin Peaks, five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state line. I've never seen so many trees in my life. As W. C. Fields would say, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia. Fifty-four degrees on a slightly overcast day. Weatherman said rain”.

“Twin Peaks: Season Two” has finally been confirmed for DVD – years after it was originally scheduled for release. Yep, seems David Lynch has finished scrubbing the negative (Lynch wanted the print to look pristine before it got a DVD release, apparently), Paramount has rounded up some nice extras for it, and the plastic company has come through with some nifty packaging. So, it’s a go.

The DVD – ‘Twin Peaks: Season Two – Special Edition’ – will be released in Australia on Thursday 2nd November, from Paramount. (They’ll also be releasing ‘Twin Peaks: The Complete Collection’, which includes both Season 1 and Season 2, the same day).

No word yet on the extras, but since its called a ‘Special Edition’, we’re guessing Paramount has slapped some stuff together for it.

I assume the DVD will be out in most territories around the same time, if not a little earlier.

Thanks to 'Paramount Petal'

I really hope this is true, although as stated on Dugpa.com this probably means that Lynch himself wasn't involved in overseeing the transfers. I wonder if this will translate into a region one release as well? Either way I'll probably be importing the whole collection, Twin Peaks fanatic that I am.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
No mention of the pilot, but one would hope it would appear in a 'complete collection', or that would just be lunacy.

This better come to R1 soon..

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Should this be merged with the Twin Peaks Season 2? thread? Just a thought. (Incidentally, looking at that thread, I realised I had forgotten how old this issue is - the thread was started in December 2002).

To be fair, the r4 first season release did have the pilot included, so there was no need for it to be mentioned.

Meanwhile, I really hope this is true, although it has been rumoured so much I won't be confident until I see it in stores. I've just started rewatching season 2 on video hire, and while the quality of these videos was always poor even by VHS standards, having just watched the season 1 DVDs, the poor quality of the videos just hurt to look at. Finally, I'll be able to see the whole series in the beauty that it was supposed to have.

And, by the way, for anyone wanting the link to the original story, here it is.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Travis, I'm just not sure if Lynch supervised the transfers or if Paramount went ahead and did it without him.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Is now up on Digitalbits rumour mill with a R1 release from Paramount of both seasons due by the end of the year.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Cool. I hope they cleaned up the Pilot too, taht was in really bad shape. Going from the Pilot to the first episode on my set was like going from bad VHS to great DVD

MattFini

Supporting Actor

I agree, especially that annoying bleeding image where the background would run across the actors' faces. It's very distracting during the scene where Coop interogates Bobby.

I do hope Paramount does "The Complete Series" box in R1 as well...I'd double dip in a second if the package was attractive.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Here's more drom Dugpa.com:

Moviehole and theDigitalBits have recently posted on their site that Twin Peaks Season 2 will be released by Paramount on DVD on November 2nd 2006. I did some digging and got word back from a reliable source that while Paramount is "working on it" no release date has been set as of yet. Based on the recent interview Lynch did with Amazon.com last month, I would be willing to bet that we won't see Season 2 on DVD until 2007 at the earliest. In addition, I have heard from sources that Lynch has not even begun to start working on the transfers. Below is a transcript of the interview with Lynch:

Interviewer: Another set that fans are very excited about is Twin Peaks: Season 2.
David Lynch: Right.
Interviewer: Can you give us some insight on the involvement you've had on that project?
David Lynch: Well, it's ongoing because we're going to do the 5.1 remix in the room and that hasn't been done yet. So I'm not sure when their release date is but we haven't done the 5.1 remix and I'm going to be involved in the timing and color correction so that it lives in the same world as the Pilot lived in, all throughout the series.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Would be cool to have it this year, but Lynch said it was on the back burner until he finished INLAND EMPIRE, which missed Cannes this year.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Just in case people are interested, EzyDVD have season 2, as well as the complete series listed. Prices are $AU69.83 and $AU119.83 respectively (for comparison purposes, season 1 costs $AU64.95).

This to me really does takes this release out of the class of rumour. I haven't been able to find the actual initial announcement or press release anywhere, so I was a bit dubious, but I really doubt a company would have a title up for pre-order, along with price information, if they didn't have solid information on the release from the supplier. So this really may be happening.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
hmmm that EzyDVD website also has 90210 and melrose place s1 sets up for pre-order for september release.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Are we sure that the R4 preorder would contain the newly mastered transfers that Lynch has supposedly overseen though, if according to the Amazon interview they arent likely to surface before 07?

Anyways, I cant wait for that complete package as well as the new R2 S.E. of Firewalk (when's that slated?)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Everyone who says that the Lynch approved transfers would be coming out in 2007 are just making assumptions. While it makes sense that Inland Empire would slow it up, I haven't seen anything stating that it definitively has.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
And bring on season 1 with the pilot or (better yet) just the pilot. I'll gladly hold on to my season 1 box set if I can get the pilot separately.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I got rid of my Twin Peaks S1 and the Imported Pilot dvd i had out of sheer frustration of no season 2 release. That was a couple years ago. I will gladly repurchase the Paramount Releases if they indeed release the whole shabang. Any word if Paramount is going to include dts tracks on these ? As the ones in the previous set released were fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks