What's new

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 on Showtime (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given that there appear to be something like 217 cast members (recently reported in the press), I'd imagine most of them are not making much money (most are likely small cameos, too). It seems like most would be in it for the nostalgia factor, or working again with Lynch and Co., rather than a big paycheck.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I kinda get the Piper Laurie/Joan Chen thing. It's maybe Black Lodge/mythology connected, at least Chen's disappearance/death. But it kinda makes sense if Michael Ontkean isn't coming back, that the characters in his orbit might not be as well. I wonder if Chen would be onboard if Ontkean had returned.

Now we'll never find out if she ever got rescued from having her soul stuck in that knob...

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
It's too bad money was an issue with some not coming back but at least Laurie remains on good terms with Lynch and is open to working with him again.

Now we'll never find out if she ever got rescued from having her soul stuck in that knob...
I'd rather not know. I like the mystery.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah, well, I stayed at the Great Northern Lodge shortly after the show went off the air. I stayed in that very room--Josie kept me all night, screaming from her knob. I put the Bible in there; didn't help. I mean, sheezus, Josie!! We were trying to get some sleep!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well looks like 2017 will be the release date, looks like i have enough time to find some Beeman's Gum, maybe it will be back in style by then?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"10-Hour Secret History Of Twin Peaks Audiobook Voiced By Original And New Cast":

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/secret-history-of-twin-peaks-audiobook-cast/

Another Twin Peaks cast announcement?!

This one is for the audio version of Mark Frost’s upcoming Twin Peaks novel, The Secret History of Twin Peaks, currently available for pre-order via Amazon and Book Depository.

Voices from the original Twin Peaks cast:
  • Kyle MacLachlan (Dale Cooper)
  • Russ Tamblyn (Dr. Lawrence Jacoby)
  • Michael Horse (Deputy Hawk)
  • Chris Mulkey (Hank Jennings)
  • David Patrick Kelly (Jerry Horne)
A few new Twin Peaks cast members:
  • Amy Shiels
  • James Morrison
  • Robert Knepper
Additional voices will be provided by Annie Wersching (24, The Vampire Diaries, Bosch) and Len Cariou (Blue Bloods, Sweeney Todd).
Very freaking cool. Think I'll be picking up both versions (print, audiobook). Listening to both David Patrick Kelly and Knepper is gonna be all kinds of awesome.

Last edited:

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Rewatching Twin Peaks over the last few months we were struck by how different life was without cell phones.

Hopefully the new season takes place in 2015, otherwise it will already look dated next year when no one is playing Pokemon Go in the background. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Showtime still doesn't know how many episodes the "Twin Peaks" revival will have

The network saw scripts for the first two episodes before giving it the greenlight, but apparently hasn't seen episodic scripts since (though Variety reported at one point that nine scripts had been turned in). Apparently Lynch is figuring out the episode breaks in the editing room.

Interesting that it was shot with Arri Amira cameras, which utilize the same sensors as the Alexa cameras but come in a smaller, cheaper overall camera designed for documentaries and news gathering.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
“I really want to embrace the unusualness of it. I think it is quite possible that we’re not going to do a traditional release pattern. I don’t know what exactly that means. I’ve had a couple conversations with David, but I kind of want to embrace the unexpectedness of it. I can definitely see longer episodes or… It’s a question of how do we release it linearly? How do we release it for people who want to stream it? There may be a difference between the two.”

This is interesting. I don't think I like the idea of a different version of the episodes for streaming, if they do decide to go that route. I do, however, like that it looks like the executives aren't interfering with Lynch and the production.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
“I really want to embrace the unusualness of it. I think it is quite possible that we’re not going to do a traditional release pattern. I don’t know what exactly that means. I’ve had a couple conversations with David, but I kind of want to embrace the unexpectedness of it. I can definitely see longer episodes or… It’s a question of how do we release it linearly? How do we release it for people who want to stream it? There may be a difference between the two.”

This is interesting. I don't think I like the idea of a different version of the episodes for streaming, if they do decide to go that route. I do, however, like that it looks like the executives aren't interfering with Lynch and the production.
Most of that quote is jibberish and it's still early in editing so I don't put too much into anything he's saying but I took the "There may be a difference between the two" to mean that there could be a difference between when they release it online and when it runs on TV. And even if there is a longer version of an episode, I'm sure it'll be available On Demand as well as their website or iTunes, etc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know if this is an appropriate place for this, but...

In the early '90s, my sister and I watched Fire Walk With Me. We looked at each other like, "WTF?!" and pretty much agreed it was the worst thing ever. In the back of my mind, I allowed that maybe it required knowledge of the series to "get."

Anyway, after (finally) finishing The X-Files and Stranger Things, I was casting around for something to watch and somehow ended up giving Twin Peaks a shot. I'm getting deeper into the second season, and I'm digging it (dug it from the pilot, but I'm into S2 now). I think it was the buddy team of Cooper and Sheriff Truman that fully sold me. I love the way Harry is bemused by Cooper, but trusts and respects him completely.

Anyway, I was wrong and it's a cool show. I should be fully caught up by the time the new season starts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In the early '90s, my sister and I watched Fire Walk With Me. We looked at each other like, "WTF?!" and pretty much agreed it was the worst thing ever.
Fire Walk With Me is very highly regarded now but back in '92, there were many devoted fans of the show that felt that exact way. And even though it's technically a prequel, you need to see the show first because the show gives you a feel for the strangeness of the movie and its world. Plus, it spoils whodunit.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yes, I think I know who killed her thanks to that movie. I'm holding out hope that I may be misremembering (and I probably didn't see the whole thing).

My memory says Leland was molesting her and killed her.

Travis, it's probably your fault I'm watching this. I think in the back of my mind I knew you were a fan, and that seemed reason enough for me to give it a shot

I'm also back watching Bob Ross right now and I want to paint the Twin Peaks city limits shot. :D

A friend of mine said this was shot on film, and that's why it looks absolutely gorgeous on Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks