What's new

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 on Showtime (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw on Twitter today that Amazon is listing the audio book version of "The Autobiography Of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper" as coming to CD and digital download later this year (having previously been released in 1990 or 1991 only on tape). What's cool is that it was read by Kyle MacLachlan (in character) so it's nice that it's coming back in print and I can retire my audio tape.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy shit, Monica Bellucci? And Michael Cera? Matthew Lillard? BRETT GELMAN AND DAVID KOECHNER?

Also: Harry Dean Stanton.

Catherine Coulson's listed as a "returning" cast member, too -- archival footage, or did she manage to shoot some new scenes before she left us?

Don't see Moira Kelly on that list, though, so it also looks like Donna's out, unless someone else on there is a re-recast.

Last edited:

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Eric Da Re (Leo Johnson) isn't on the list, I knew Ontkean wasn't coming back but I was expecting (hoping) pretty much every other living original cast member to return. The show is still looking great.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No Heather Graham? Odd. Maybe she's left out so it's a surprise in an episode.

I hadn't heard that David Duchovny, James Marshall and Alicia Witt were coming back but I'm happy they're on board.

Super stoked to see LOTS of excellent character actors like John Billingsley, Patrick Fischler, Robert Knepper, Matthew Lillard, James Morrison and John Savage.

Some wonderfully strange ones in there like Ernie Hudson, Larry Clarke, Trent Reznor and Eddie Vedder.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Catherine Coulson's listed as a "returning" cast member, too -- archival footage, or did she manage to shoot some new scenes before she left us?
Given her cancer diagnosis, and her eagerness to participate, I wouldn't be surprised if they frontloaded her scenes before the proper shoot. One of the advantages of having all of the scripts ahead of time.

The biggest surprise for me was Everett McGill, since I thought he'd retired from acting in the late nineties.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Given her cancer diagnosis, and her eagerness to participate, I wouldn't be surprised if they frontloaded her scenes before the proper shoot. One of the advantages of having all of the scripts ahead of time.

The biggest surprise for me was Everett McGill, since I thought he'd retired from acting in the late nineties.

Not so much "retired", but more like he just walked away.

But, there was a story early last year about him being talked back to TP... Lynch actually tweeted at the time if anyone knew how to get in touch with McGill. That may have even been posted somewhere earlier in this thread.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I could be a million miles off but I'm expecting people like Jim Belushi* to be on a show within the show (a la Invitation To Love in the first run) rather than having scenes with the regular characters. I'd also guess that musicians Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig and Eddie Vedder will be part of a band or doing something musical in the background rather than reciting dialogue.

With a cast that big, many of the people on the list have one scene or may even get edited out by the end.

* Nothing against Jim Belushi, he's a better actor than According To Jim would indicate. Check him out in Show Me A Hero, he's quite good as a dirtbag mayor

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I could be a million miles off but I'm expecting people like Jim Belushi* to be on a show within the show (a la Invitation To Love in the first run) rather than having scenes with the regular characters. I'd also guess that musicians Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig and Eddie Vedder will be part of a band or doing something musical in the background rather than reciting dialogue.

With Julee Cruise helping with singing... that would be interesting. Although, Julee would probably be in a different musical scene.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I liked Catherine/Piper Laurie but I was glad that they didn't bring her back just to bring her back. However, I would think it would be easier to use Catherine in a small capacity than Agent Bryson or the dead but aged 25 years anyway characters like Laura & Leland Palmer or Jacques Renault.

trevanian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Michael J. Anderson who played The Man From Another Place isn't listed either. That's disappointing. Overall, this show has quite an interesting cast. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Apparently the offer they made him was pretty insulting. I think he made that clear on his FB page awhile back. If you've seen CARNIVALE or PICKET FENCES, that guy is a genuine talent who can do more than walk & talk backwards. But having the one-armed man (who I think lives less than 5miles from me, saw him in a supermarket several years back) return without the rest of 'Mike' makes it seem like they are revisiting Stone's THE HAND instead of TP ....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I live in hope that both Michael J. Anderson and Heather Graham are in it but they haven't announced them to maintain the surprise.

From the EW link that Adam provided above:
Graham, who played Norma Jennings’ sister, Annie Blackburn, and Michael J. Anderson, who appeared in several Twin Peaks episodes as the mysterious Man from Another Place, are also not discussing their apparent absence from the series’ third season. Graham declined comment, while a rep for Anderson indicated the actor is not doing interviews for the forseeable future.
Those aren't "I'm not in it" so I'll try to remain one of the happy generation.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I kinda get the Piper Laurie/Joan Chen thing. It's maybe Black Lodge/mythology connected, at least Chen's disappearance/death. But it kinda makes sense if Michael Ontkean isn't coming back, that the characters in his orbit might not be as well. I wonder if Chen would be onboard if Ontkean had returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks