What's new

Twin Peaks Pilot DVD....yuck! (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Have you watched the Season 1 Box Set? I only ask, because compared the that the Pilot looks awful. Granted, it's not as bad as other DVDs I've seen...but comparitivly it really sucks.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering, was the show supposed to be so orange? It looked pretty orange in a number of places. And the audio sounds a little off as well. Republic pictures obviously didn't have first-generation copies to work with. This was probably made from a broadcast copy or something. It's better than VHS, but looks about what I'd expect with a good OTA signal.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
well...

The "pilot" episode I have came in the Twin Peaks DVD box set.....

and looks GREAT... as good as the other episodes...

Dugger

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I bought the box set and the pilot knowing about the relative quality between the two. I watched them with a friend who had never seen the series before. While watching the pilot I had to tell him, "don't worry, the rest of the show looks much better."

What's really painful is watching the pilot recap in the first episode. The same scenes from the pilot look so great here, yet so awful on the DVD.

And yes, I know VHS copies look worse. So what? That's like allowing for poorly mastered CDs because the 8 track sounded bad.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
The box set I have (with pilot included) is the Region 2 NTSC Japanese box set....

No speed up.... Same extras and all...

Dumped my region 1 for it...

Dugger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks