What's new

Twilight Zone Definitive Edition (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of "The Bewitchin' Pool" either. A friend of mine picked that one. I'm hoping to do another one soon, and maybe include one from Season 4.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Again...here's my fav 10 1. Time Enough At Last 2. The Howling Man 3. The Monsters on Maple Street 4. Deaths-Head Revisited 5. Nightmare At 20,000 Feet 6. Judgment Night 7. The Masks 8. The Invaders 9. The Purple Testament 10. It's A Good Life

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Last night i watched two amazing episodes of twilight zone. The first episode was called I Am the Night—Color Me Black, which was about hatred in the world. In had George Lindsay and Ivan Dixon in the episode. The second episode i watched was called The Jeopardy room, which had Martin Landau (Space 1999 and Mission Impossible) as a spy trying to escape his past. The episode had an amazing ending!!! I know i have said this before about Twilight Zone, but it is still great after 50 years!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
younger1968 said:
Last night i watched two amazing episodes of twilight zone. The first episode was called I Am the Night—Color Me Black, which was about hatred in the world.
In had George Lindsay and Ivan Dixon in the episode. The second episode i watched was called The Jeopardy room, which had Martin Landau (Space 1999 and Mission Impossible) as a spy trying to escape his past. The episode had an amazing ending!!! I know i have said this before about Twilight Zone, but it is still great after 50 years!!
sbskzk.jpg
This set is near the top of my collection.

There are so many classic episodes. Some of my top ones are

"Third Planet from the Sun". Edward Andrews was perfect as that gvmt "snoop" and Fritz Weaver is at the top of my tv character actors.

"On Thursday We Leave for Home". James Whitmore, fantastic role.

"A Nice Place to Visit". Who can forget Sebastion Cabot's "devlish" laugh at the end of that episode? :lol:

"People Are Alike All Over". Roddy McDowall as the paranoid timid astronaut, and that sad look from Susan Oliver was outstanding.

"The Monstors Are Due on Maple Street". Talk about an accurate character study.... from the aliens.... "It's the same everywhere....and we'll go from town to town...."

"The After Hours". Anne Francis as the mannequin....wow. Remember the other mannequins calling out... "Marsha.....Marsha...."

"Time Enough At Last". Probably one of the best-known episodes of the series....Brugess Meredith at the end....irony at its finest.

"The Odyssey of Flight 33". The "time warp" theme, always worked for me back then :D

"The Howling Man". John Carradine as "Brother Jerome".... amazing.

"To Serve Man". What an ending :lol: One of my favorites from memories years ago.

"The Little People". Another great Serling message at the end.

"A Hundred Yards Over the Rim". Cliff Robertson in that hat going over the rise.... perfect.

"The Rip Van Winkle Caper". More irony in the ending.

Scripts were just outstanding in this series.

It's also got (imo) one of the best intros from Rod Serling, the S1 intro:

"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition. And it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call...The Twilight Zone."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Willis said:
"To Serve Man". What an ending :lol:
I'm so glad that I saw this show when I was young because I never knew what to expect. I'm guessing that some of the endings are little more obvious to adult viewers today (thanks, in large part to the TZ, people are more on the lookout for twist endings) but I can only imagine that a lot of the episodes were mind blowing when they first aired. That's certainly not to take away from the series because even if you know the ending, it's still a wonderful ride.

All that being said, I remember years ago seeing Time Enough At Last with my sister and I figured she'd guess the ending but she was shocked when Bemis drops his glasses. She was literally dumbfounded by it.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
even back then, i recall my dad and i had a game of who would be right.

we each tried to guess how the show was gonna end, cuz they were very good at fooling the viewers.

to serve man, though, i think took everyone by surprise.

i think we all figured that the aliens may be up to something. after all, even the humans in the show were fearful at first.

but i dont think anyone had come up with it being a cookbook. it is probably the one episode that it think of, first.

like a lot of shows, i havent seen them since their original airing.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
With these set to be rereleased by Paramount, does anyone know if a complete series set is also planned? I don't see anything on Amazon for such a release, but had heard somewhere else that there was one coming.

I missed my chance the last time around, but would love to get a second crack at this one at a reasonable price like I was able to with The Dick Van Dyke Show when I upgraded to the Blu-Ray set for under $50. So I'm hoping they follow their model with their complete series DVD rereleases, rather than price such a set at the extreme high end like we've seen with I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray.

Regardless, I hope that season one again includes The Time Element. Seen it and enjoyed it a lot, but it's not on the original DVD's and was exclusive to the Image Entertainment season 1 Blu-Ray set when they revisited this series (With the new DVD's that also came out then being episode only releases, without any bonus material).

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Amazon currently has The Complete Definitive Collection dvd box set for $45 and after waiting all theses years plus a $19 credit to my account I had to buy it. Very excited to have it now and will start watching it when I receive it.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It appears the old Image released TZ inventory is finally being liquidated.

If this was a few years ago, this particular dvd (or bluray) set would have been very tempting to buy. Today, not so much anymore for me.

After watching through the reruns over the years, I've gradually come to the realization this show doesn't have much rewatch value for me. Other than watching semi-random reruns I happen to come across via channel surfing. Also not really a show I would binge watch through.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Amazon currently has The Complete Definitive Collection dvd box set for $45 and after waiting all theses years plus a $19 credit to my account I had to buy it. Very excited to have it now and will start watching it when I receive it.
For another $27 you could have purchased the just-released Blu-ray box. The HD transfers are spectacular. I wouldn't waste money on the DVD box.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The HD transfers are spectacular.

Definitely.

Even the TZ reruns I watched over the past several years are in hd.

In spite of being in black & white, the hd resolution is a big improvement in picture quality, compared to the older sd resolution transfers which were used in reruns more than a decade ago.

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I thought about getting the Blu-ray but I have upcoming credit card bills from all that Christmas shopping so for me the dvd is fine with me. Also it does say on the box " remastered hd transfers from the original camera negative".

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The sd transfers are older (circa 2003 vs 2010), aren't quite as well restored, and have some technical flaws to them that the later blu-rays mostly fixed (like the incorrect opening on Mr. Denton on Doomsday, tons of missing promos, the missing last line in Night of The Meek, and sound element damage)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks