What's new

Twilight Zone Collection Box Sets (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Alright, this was posted at the MSCL.com by someone from V3 Media:
To everyone interested in The Twilight Zone Boxed Set!!
First of all, I apologize for posting here at the My-So-Called-Life website, but I have seen some talk about The Twilight Zone boxed set being sold through Another Universe.
I just want to stress that Another Universe is simply taking orders on their website for the boxed set. We here at V3 Media, are compliling, building, authoring, editing, and fulfilling the actual product. When these boxed sets are ready to be shipped, which will be very soon, we will be sending out the orders to everyone that ordered through Another Universe, other websites, and our own website(www.MediaRacer.com). THEY ARE ONLY TAKING ORDERS, THEN FORWARDING THEM TO US. Boy, did I stress it enough?
Good news for many people out there who were hesitant about our boxed set because they were going to be shipped on DVD-R's. We listened to many of you in these postings, and other postings, and we decided to do away with putting these discs on DVD-R and we are having them professionally mastered and stamped, therefore able to play on all machines, not just newer ones.
Just in case you haven't heard about us or our Twilight Zone Boxed Set, we are releasing a boxed set consisting of 49 discs with all 156 of the original episodes in order by their original air date, with extra features for each season.
Now, the reason for this post is not to promote our product on this web site, but rather to clear the air about any misunderstandings, or rumors that have been floating around. If you have any questions about the Boxed set, visit www.MediaRacer.com or you can email me personally and I will do my best to answer any questions that you may have.
Thanks for reading my post, and any and all support that you have given to our product.
Langdon Siggelkow
Fulfillment Manager
V3 Media Inc.
Now, I don't understand why they would even need AU if they are selling it themselves (which they are), doing the sets AND shipping it out. All they've done by involving AU is lose sales from people that might have been interested in the set. I've emailed the person that made that post and asked him for some more information.
Gord

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Wait... just for (further) clarification: these are still the same transfers that Panasonic/Image used, right?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's great news Gord, but a hair too late for me. Yesterday before I went into work, I was in Best Buy and had a preferred customer coupon to use that - to make a long story short - entitled me to a $40 discount on my $200+ purchase, spread out among the various DVD items. So my receipt shows that I picked up (Image's) Twilight Zone Collection 1 and 2 for just $61.51 each...a savings of 19.05% on Best Buy's regular price of $75.99. And a $7.48 (ea.) savings from Costco's everyday price of $68.99!

So, assuming I get the next 3 sets from Costco, I pay a total of $329.99...that's exactly $70 cheaper than the "privilege" of having the show in airdate order. AND I get the relief of walking into a store I've dealt with before and have the peace of mind to trust, AND get the ability to watch it the same day I bought it.

So these two little guys go under the tree for the missus (no surprise to her, she's expecting them), but I get to enjoy them, too! I wish MediaRacer a lot of luck, and I applaud the move to better media...but I am *really* confused as to what they think the benefit is of going through AU. The controversy with associated with Ross and crowd can only hurt them. Ah, well.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Dave,

You must have some good Best Buys in your area. I went to two around me and both had the sets for $99.99. I was really excited about picking these up on Friday. I had the coupon mentioned above and couldn't wait to get home. As it turned out, I had to go home and order them on-line and won't get them until later this week.

I wish I would have heard about the revision to the complete set earlier and I might have postponed my order. I wasn't going to buy DVD-Rs though.

As a side note, I'm working on some master-lists for all episodes and what volumes they appear on. These can easily be laminated and placed along-side your discs for quick reference. These are intended for the nerds like me, who want to watch them in their original order. I'm also making a set that lists the episodes in alphabetical order for quick retrieval of a particular episode. If you're interested, let me know and I'll find some way of posting them.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been avoiding this thread cuz I'm kinda pissed! I already have volumes 1 thru 20 plus volume 39. So if I go this route, with the later collections... I'm gonna end up with a couple of repeats. Maybe I can sell them on Ebay.
I guess it could'a been worse!

Ric

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As a side note, I'm working on some master-lists for all episodes and what volumes they appear on.
RAF beat you on the master list a long time ago! Before the final volume (#43) was released, in fact! The eps he listes as missing (36 and 40) are both on the final volume, along with alternate versions of eps 1 and 42.
If you are trying to turn this info into a handy-dandy card that I can print and stick in my sets, then be my guest! :D Just let me know where to get mine. Maybe Ric will be a sport and help you illustrate it. :wink:
Ric, my already-purchased copies of Vol's 1 & 2 are going to be presents for someone who will take good care of them...

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I'd pay Ric to come up with some 5 disc alpha case Covers for TZ! 43 single discs take up too much space!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
That really does look good! So how long have you been using Maya?

Chris S.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
If there is anyone in the GTA who might be interested in these new Image sets (Collections 1 & 2), check out the most recent Blockbuster Christmas flier (available at the front counters of their stores). They list the TZ Collection sets for $79.00 CAN dollars.... they are marked $99.00 each in store (their intended price).

They honoured the $79.00 CAN price per set, no questions asked (which equates to $50.00 U.S.) per collection...... GREAT DEAL.

Herb.

Todd_Peter

Auditioning
Herb Kane,
;) ;) ;) THANK-YOU!
I've been looking for these sets locally in B.C. since release day with no luck. Everywhere I go they are not in stock, not listed in their systems or listed but unavailable! I was about to order them online when I read your post. I just checked Block Buster locally (I never would have thought to check them) and sure enough, THEY HAD BOTH SETS! BB also gave them to me at $79.00 CAD each! I'm so happy! THANK-YOU! You made my Christmas!
Happy Holidays and best wishes!

Todd_Peter

Auditioning
I've just got to add that these sets are amazing. What a deal! The only cardboard on them is the case itself. The hard plastic mini-keepcases for each DVD are awesome.
I took a picture for everyone who is interested. Myself, I had a hard time finding anything on the Internet except a box picture so this may give you a better idea of the sets. I'll just post a link to it as it's about 250KB.
The Twilight Zone Collections 1 & 2 picture
Thanks again Herb!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks