What's new

Twilight Zone Collection Box Sets (1 Viewer)

MarkBurton

Second Unit
From Amazon.com
Collection One
9-disc boxed set, including vols. 1-9
Available December 3rd
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Collection Two
9-disc boxed set, including vols. 10-18
Available December 3rd

Collection Three
9-disc boxed set, including vols. 19-27
Available January 7th

Collection Four
9-disc boxed set, including vols. 28-36
Available January 7th

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How about $69.99 a pop from DVDPlanet? How about as cheap as CAN $97.99 (which is US $62.77) from Amazon.CA?
Click on the box for the TVShowsOnDVD listing, which includes every episode in each box set as well as links to these and other e-tailers (both USA and Canada):
Streeting on 12/3/02:

Streeting on 1/7/03:

For obvious reasons, I expect Collection # 5 (which finishes off the series, and should include discs 37-43, plus Treasures and More Treasures) will hit on 2/4/03 (1st Tuesday in Feb., following the pattern of the other releases).

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Sweet!! It looks like I'll finally be owning all of the Twilight Zone episodes. I almost plopped down the $550 to buy all of these a few months ago, but decided against it. For $200 less, I'm all over it.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Are the episodes on "Treasures" and "More Treasures" repeated on the numbered discs?
I hope they include the excellent documentary disc Rod Serling: Submitted For Your Approval, which contains some shots of my (and Rod's) home town. :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Are the episodes on "Treasures" and "More Treasures" repeated on the numbered discs?
I believe they contain a couple of repeats, but also some exclusives. You'll need them to have a complete collection.

I had held off on TZ until now, hoping for something like this. I'll be ordering these for sure.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There is only one episode repeated. I recall that it is episode #151. I forget if it's on Treasures or More Treasures, but I think it's MT. It's duplicated on one of the numbered volumes.

The only other "duplications" are alternate cuts of The Pilot and of one other episode. Not quite duplications, though, since there ARE supposed to be some differences.

I think RAF is the man to answer these questions best, but I can't find the thread were he talked about this stuff. It was like a year or two ago, though, so perhaps it's archived.

Jason Little

Agent
I've been on the fence about buying TZ for over a year now, this makes it much more plausible. I will probably pick up sets 1 & 2 with Best Buy gift cards this Xmas :)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
How cool could it have been if they would have instead remastered the DVDs onto dual-layer and released them in chronological order, like in season sets? For this price though, I may go ahead an upgrade my original laserdisc box sets, though the improvement on a 40 year old B&W series may not be too significant.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Amazon.CA tip David. I've held off for a long time hoping for them to be released in sets like this. Now I can buy.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes the bear gets you and sometimes....
you just happen to have stopped buying after Vol 27, have been meaning to finish the job yet haven't bought another disc yet, and set 3 ends on Vol 27 while set 4 starts with 28.
It may be a lame thing to be pleased about, but the DVD gods have smiled upon me, even if it's only a small grin. :D
And no, I'm not so anal as to actually need the holding "boxes" that come with the first 3 sets, just the rest of the episodes is fine for me. I also have both Treasures already as well.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
That looks really awesome. I loved this show, and the new show is pretty decent!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Has anyone made any custom cases to fit 5 or 7 disc Keep Cases for TZ yet? Those single cases sure are taking up a lot of space.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
Are these going to be in keepcases or jewel boxes? Several years ago Image released the Twilight Zone 40th Anniversary set in jewel boxes instead of the original keepcases. I wouldn't put it past them to do the same here.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks for the news, Dave. I think I'll stick with the Image boxes, which I have pre-ordered at Amazon.ca for about $63 apiece! ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This is really great news. I too have always wanted the complete set, since this is by far one of my favorite television shows, but I never had the nerve to pull the trigger. Now I really don't have any excuse. Well... maybe my wife but I don't really need to tell her. :D
Chris S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris S: I'm curious: Which one do you consider to be "really great news"? The 5 sets from Image, or the deal from Another Universe?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks