What's new

Twilight Time hints March 2014 and beyond (1 Viewer)

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
Will be intresting what sound track they use for The Lion in Winteras the 70mm prints were Centre Channel Mono.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I hope we see ON THE BEACH EXODUS MIRACLE WORKER ELMER GANTRY
THE HAPPY ENDING BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ.......All of these titles have been shown on MGM HD Channel and look great. WOMEN IN LOVE...has not appeared in years.
A very guilty pleasure ...THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Didn't Twilight Time announce they would be releasing The Man Fom Laramie at some stage?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Seems that the Danish distributor SoulMedia has pretty much thrown in the towel with any further classic film BD releases. I have THE LION IN WINTER, which I guess is serviceable, not great by any means. They put out ALEXANDER THE GREAT, DAVID & BATHSHEBA, and THE EGYPTIAN. They also released a gorgeous looking DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK that had horrible sound problems. I'll certainly be springing for the TT releases. I guess I just wish that TT would revisit some of these big historical epics like ALEXANDER and DAVID & BATHSHEBA or a couple that never had any BD release whatsoever, like SOLOMON AND SHEBA, STORY OF RUTH and THE VIKINGS. The one I'm excited about that they are doing is KHARTOUM. Some of us experienced these in theaters when we were kids and are quite attached to them still.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Just to be thorough. TT had two confessions."I had a brain flash after reading your Rollerball (1975) announcement. This has popped in my mind.March 2014Rollerball (1975)Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974)Alien Nation (1988)?"TT: "You correctly picked one of our March titles!"So we actually know two of TT's March titles. But which two?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Robin9 said:
Didn't Twilight Time announce they would be releasing The Man Fom Laramie at some stage?
Yes they did. They also mentioned They Rode Together (1961), Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974), and First Men in the Moon (1964). Alfredo will appear early in 2014 and First Men sometime after The Blob (1988).

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
BPullen said:
Yes they did. They also mentioned They Rode Together (1961), Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974), and First Men in the Moon (1964). Alfredo will appear early in 2014 and First Men sometime after The Blob (1988).
Can't wait for "First Men in the Moon," but I want "Valley of Gwangi!" The SD is a beautiful print upscaled, I can just imagine what it would look like as a BD.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ken Koc said:
A very guilty pleasure ...THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL :)
htpost1.jpg

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Game 2 results of the Guess the Twilight Time Title contest has just revealed the latest upcoming TT release for 2014...the original "Born Yesterday"(1950), starring Judy Holliday and Broderick Crawford...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
and with the fact that they are doing The Blue Max, would also like to see some of the other Fox War Classics, would love to see Sam Fuller's Fixed Bayonets

and I don't think that Twilight has featured any titles with Roy Webb as Composer as of yet?

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
i WOULD LOVE The Buddy Holly Story on Blu ray! What a great biopic.
I did buy the Region B British Blu ray of this title, and ended getting rid of it as fast as I could. It was shoddy ... washed out and inferior in every respect to the DVD. If it does come out, I hope it's not just a repeat of the UK travesty which has to be one of the worst Blu rays in history.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
AnthonyClarke said:
i WOULD LOVE The Buddy Holly Story on Blu ray! What a great biopic.
I did buy the Region B British Blu ray of this title, and ended getting rid of it as fast as I could. It was shoddy ... washed out and inferior in every respect to the DVD. If it does come out, I hope it's not just a repeat of the UK travesty which has to be one of the worst Blu rays in history.
I still have the BD and it is a stinker to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks