What's new

Twilight Time Announces Releases December 2013 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
imgres.jpeg
imgres-1.jpeg
imgres-2.jpeg

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (1977)
ROYAL FLASH (1975)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I imagine those Sinbads will sell out in a matter of minutes, so good news for those people who picked up Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, want to finish their Harryhausen collection and will have no idea that they missed their chance...

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
Frankly, neither of these movies is any great shakes compared to "Seventh Voyage of Sinbad". The well was essentially dry when "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" was produced.

That said, there's no denying the lure of having a collection of Sinbad films to pass a few pleasant hours from time to time.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Russell G said:
I imagine those Sinbads will sell out in a matter of minutes, so good news for those people who picked up Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, want to finish their Harryhausen collection and will have no idea that they missed their chance...

Mysterious Island, which I'd say is many times more popular than the Sinbad sequels, took nearly a year to sell out. Twilight Time is obviously more well known now, but I think them going in minutes (or even days or weeks) is a bit of an exaggeration.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Virgoan said:
Frankly, neither of these movies is any great shakes compared to "Seventh Voyage of Sinbad". The well was essentially dry when "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" was produced.

My favorite is GOLDEN VOYAGE. I think the script is simply better than SEVENTH, and the monsters are, too (outside of SEVENTH's cyclops, of course!) That said, I absolutely love SEVENTH so that shows you how much I love GOLDEN. Agreed on EYE OF THE TIGER, though - a huge step-down in every department, although I still like it enough, I suppose, and am thrilled it's coming out.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JeffMc said:
My favorite is GOLDEN VOYAGE. I think the script is simply better than SEVENTH, and the monsters are, too (outside of SEVENTH's cyclops, of course!) That said, I absolutely love SEVENTH so that shows you how much I love GOLDEN. Agreed on EYE OF THE TIGER, though - a huge step-down in every department, although I still like it enough, I suppose, and am thrilled it's coming out.
Seventh was 50's gold, but Golden had a bit of polish--More genuine Arabian flavor (than Seventh's squeaky-clean Hollywood Arabia), writer Brian Clemens from "The Avengers" turning Sinbad into a dashing scimitar-wielding John Steed, Tom Baker being discovered for Doctor Who after his villain performance, and, yes, some of the cooler monsters this side of Seventh's cyclops. :)

Eye of the Tiger was....a 70's kiddie matinee, though, from the days of "At the Earth's Core". I don't remember Patrick Wayne as Sinbad being quite so annoying as the witch's actress being nine levels of overacting. That, and it just looked cheap, the way third-movies do.
Even putting another Doctor Who in as the old alchemist couldn't save it.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Eye of the Tiger did feature a scantily-clad Jane Seymour, though, so it's not entirely without it's compensations.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I may have to spring for Royal Flash. I was a big fan of the novels, and thought they did a good job with the movie version (even though it was one of my least favorite novels of the Flashman series). Not sure I need to upgrade the DVD though.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
You can always count on TT for the very best! I hope with the support of cult titles and true film collectors the company has a long and happy road ahead.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
EddieLarkin said:
Mysterious Island, which I'd say is many times more popular than the Sinbad sequels, took nearly a year to sell out. Twilight Time is obviously more well known now, but I think them going in minutes (or even days or weeks) is a bit of an exaggeration.
Nope, I grew up in the 1970s and never heard of Mysterious Island until recently. I think I saw all three Sinbad films at the drive inn with my father. 7th Voyage was rereleased like Jason, but I do not recall a seeing a rerelease for Mysterious Island. I think that there will be a lot of children of the 1970s who will eat up these releases.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
No lump of coal in my stocking this Christmas...the remaining 2 Harryhausen Sinbad flicks, plus an inspired oddity like Royal Flash, directed by Richard Lester and lensed by the late great Geoffrey Unsworth, with Ken Thorne adapted music.

"Fa. La. La. La. Lah!" :D

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
TT is the only company that gives us the best that they can supply. I do not agree with the comments on the Bits!!! I only wish that WHV would give us a fantastic restoration of Rain Tree County.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks