What's new

Twilight Time Announces Nov/Dec 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
lionel59 said:
I am surprised that Scorsese's superb THE AGE OF INNOCENCE is nowhere to be found on Blu Ray. It's visuals cry out for a Blu Ray transfer. For me, it is Scorsese's best movie (he called it his "most (emotionally) violent" movie) and the most unjustly neglected film by the Academy of the 1990's.
Image Entertainment is finally releasing it in early 2013 according to a thread on Blu-ray.com.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
wesaussie said:
Does anybody know what the new releases are for next year yet I understand CHRISTINE and MAJOR DUNDEE might be two of them?
Christine is in March.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
lionel59 said:
For those who can collect from overseas with no regional concerns, there is a German release of RAINS OF RANCHIPUR on blu ray scheduled for Nov 16th for EUR9.99. For me in Australia, this will cost me about half the total cost of the TT version, though it will probably not have the isolated score track. Germany has released quite a few Fox classics inc. DEAR BRIGITTE and a set of 3 Doris Day movies (MOVE OVER DARLING, CAPRICE + DO NOT DISTURB) on Blu Ray for pretty reasonable prices. France has released FOREVER AMBER and DADDY LONG LEGS on blu, though I have heard that they have non-removable French subtitles. German releases do not seem to have that flaw. Other excellent (SD) German Fox releases in 16:9 inc TAKE HER SHE'S MINE and TEN NORTH FREDERICK. I am happy about LOST HORIZON, as it is a favourite guilty pleasure from my early teen years. I am surprised that Scorsese's superb THE AGE OF INNOCENCE is nowhere to be found on Blu Ray. It's visuals cry out for a Blu Ray transfer. For me, it is Scorsese's best movie (he called it his "most (emotionally) violent" movie) and the most unjustly neglected film by the Academy of the 1990's.
From what I've been told, some of these overseas Blus are nowhere near the quality of the Twilight Time releases. So, cheaper doesn't always mean you're getting the optimal quality.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
I do not as yet have any German Fox blu rays, but I do have the German SD versions of DEAR BRIGITTE (also released on blu) and TAKE KER SHE'S MINE. Both are superb 16:9 transfers. TAKE HER noticeably exceeded the local LBX release. When I have the German blu ray of THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR, I will report back. My guess is it would have to be the Twilight transfer.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
haineshisway said:
From what I've been told, some of these overseas Blus are nowhere near the quality of the Twilight Time releases. So, cheaper doesn't always mean you're getting the optimal quality.
Very few of the titles released on BRD by Twilight Times have also received a Blu-ray release in Europe.
lionel59 said:
I do not as yet have any German Fox blu rays, but I do have the German SD versions of DEAR BRIGITTE (also released on blu) and TAKE KER SHE'S MINE. Both are superb 16:9 transfers. TAKE HER noticeably exceeded the local LBX release. When I have the German blu ray of THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR, I will report back. My guess is it would have to be the Twilight transfer.
The German BRD of The Tall Men is quite nice for the most part although not massively more detailed than the DVD. There is one moment where a yellow smear appears against a blue sky. This may be the reason that Twilight Time has not released The Tall Men.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered The Blue Lagoon last night. I can't wait to see the quality on this.
Hey TT, how about Krull(Sony/Columbia) ?

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I loved the Sound and the Fury Now Long Hot Summer 3 Coins in the Fountain Womans World The Best of Everything King of the Kyber Rifles Voyage to the Bottom of The Sea Peyton Place Return to Peyton Place Boy on a Dolphin. I hope guys some of these are on your radar. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks