What's new

Twilight Time Announces January/February 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Peter Neski said:
ordered Woody Film ,way over Priced !! would have been a lot better if MGM did it
I agree with you. I passed on them though. MGM is celebrating a 90 year anniversary this year, and they're licensing out films that could of boosted their campaign? A Woody Allen Bluray set would of been nice.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Actually the latest set are already up.I just ordered The Front and Cromes and Misdemeaners.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
TonyD said:
Actually the latest set are already up.

I just ordered The Front and Cromes and Misdemeaners.
Wasn't that was the biker flick starring...whatshisface...skinhead dude?
dsc_0064-copy.jpg

;)

All in good jest, and no disrespect intended toward OPM.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Russell G said:
I agree with you. I passed on them though. MGM is celebrating a 90 year anniversary this year, and they're licensing out films that could of boosted their campaign? A Woody Allen Bluray set would of been nice.
True, but the studios love the Twilight Time model because they get all the money upfront regardless of how many copies TT actually sells. So for as much as they could have used Allen titles to boost the 90th Anniversary promotion, they must have felt they'd make more money from the licensing deal.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Since Allen doesn't really care about home video releases, I guess studios can dump some of his films to TT.

cocophone

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Mark Edward Heuck said:
True, but the studios love the Twilight Time model because they get all the money upfront regardless of how many copies TT actually sells. So for as much as they could have used Allen titles to boost the 90th Anniversary promotion, they must have felt they'd make more money from the licensing deal.
3,000 units times X dollars royalty per disc is less than a studio spends on coffee creamer in a month. :)-----------------"Why am I me and why not you? Why am I here and why not there? When did time begin and where does space end?" - Wings of Desire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Jari K said:
Since Allen doesn't really care about home video releases, I guess studios can dump some of his films to TT.
When has he ever said that?

He was instrumental in ensuring that Manhattan was released in its OAR on home video - one of the first instances of this.

He doesn't like extras, as he feels the films should speak for themselves, and he likes his older mono films (all of them up until very recently) left in mono.

I don't see how that equates to him not caring.

Steve W

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Does anyone knows what's happening with international shipping?

There used to be several options, including faster delivery, secured delivery in case it went missing, etc.

Now there's no option, it's just a straight $10.

Any idea what's going on?

Steve W

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks