Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 1 - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think this film does suffer from stretching it out into 2 films when the plot of part 1 just doesn't have a lot of meat to it even with its running time, there's just a lot of waiting going on in the 2nd half the movie for its inevitable plot development. The tone of the film felt a little snarky, but the director seemed to have fun with the familiarily of the 3 main characters. Too bad the script missed a nice opportunity to press the horror and go "Rosemary's Baby" with such a development post-marriage. Lautner's acting is still pretty bad (or immature), but he somewhat gets a second wind as the movie goes on. I give it 2.5 stars or a grade of C+.

2. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Saw it over the weekend, it was alright, but too corny for its own good. The split means that there's no real climax to the story:
    I mean, I doubt even a viewer new to the series would seriously think Bella would die when the film's subtitled "Part 1".
    The cast is as likable as ever, and their chemistry carries the day, but there better be some serious payoff in Part 2.