"TWILIGHT" BD audio problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Darren Gross, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

I just watched the Target Blu-ray edition and there are severe audio problems. The track is plagued by recurring audio dropouts on the DTS HD MA track, many times throughout the program. I'm running it on the Panasonic DMP-BD55 , with a fresh firmware update, through analog outs. I've also tried the Optical cable out option and the same issue is there as well. The sample scene I used was one where Jacob walks with Bella on the beach (around 30-33mins in) and mentions that his tribe was descended from wolves. Each time, the audio just pops in and out, distractingly. Again, this happens throughout the entire film.

As the DTS HD MA is the only English track present on the disc, you're basically screwed, no matter what your connection...

Anyone else found this problem? I'm surprised that no-one seems to have brought it up... Or better yet, is Summit planning on fixing this?

2. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    what reciever do you have?
    over at AVS. there been metioned of this problem with the movie twilight. I own the onkyo 605 and the panasonic 30 and had no problem. I heard others that did.

Jacob

3. Darren Gross

I've got a Denon AVR 1906.

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Plays fine on my Sony BDP-S300 sending 6-channel analog (DTS core) to Yamaha RX-V995.

5. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I would call panasonic and let them know about the problem.

Jacob

6. Darren Gross

As of last weekend there's a new Firmware upgrade for the BD55, 1.9, which I just downloaded. I tried Twilight again (bought mine online via Target) and checked out two spots where the audio pop was, and the issue appears to be fixed... (I haven't had any issues with loading, though.) Anyone else?