What's new

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS Manufacture-On-Demand DVD SERIES (2 Viewers)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I want to thank FOX and everyone here. I read what people stated and bought Reef and it looks fantastic!!! I have never purchased MODs from Fox before but now look forward to the next release. Just as I do the Twilight Time releases which are always the best.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
John Hermes said:
I thought I got my copy of Reef from Importcds yesterday but inside the envelope was the wrong movie. Grrrrr...
Importcds is still showing my order for 12 Mile Reef as OPEN.
It's starting to look as if January 28th might be the actual release date. Grrrr...Amazon early... Grrrr

I guess that's what happens when you try to save a few bucks. Grrr....

Doug.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D37486

looks like this one is also coming to dvd via movies unlimited.
D37486.jpg

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Looks like there are three new Fox Archive films available through Amazon.com including the one posted above. The release date is... today!

The Glory Brigade (1953), In Love and War (1958), and Island In The Sky (1938)

Note that both Movies Unlimited and Amazon list In Love and War as a Fullscreen (read P&S) film even though there's a widescreen clip of it on Youtube. Let's pray this is a listing mistake and not a sign of the Fox Archives falling back to its usual terrible ways.

Edit: Just noticed this gem from the description of In Love and War on Amazon which succinctly describes the mentality of the average FCA release.
Presented in 4:3 pan and scan using the highest quality source material available.
It's starting to look like 12 Mile Reef was a fluke after all.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'll wait and see, for Beneath The 12 Mile Reef was first listed as Pan-Scan and does so in the specifications listed on the DVD case.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
ahollis said:
I'll wait and see, for Beneath The 12 Mile Reef was first listed as Pan-Scan and does so in the specifications listed on the DVD case.
Actually, it's not. The specifications on the Reef DVD case say "4x3 letterbox" which is not P&S but non anamorphic wide screen.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thomas T said:
Actually, it's not. The specifications on the Reef DVD case say "4x3 letterbox" which is not P&S but non anamorphic wide screen.
I'll go with that, but still wrong information.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ken Koc said:
Keeping my fingers crossed for IN LOVE AND WAR being a new anamorphic transfer.
A few weeks ago I watched the Spanish non-anamorphic DVD. I'd love an anamorphic transfer!

wesaussie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Anderson
Tonight I had a real treat I watched my copy of Beneath The 12 Mile Reef. It is glorious. Presented in the proper aspect ratio and with stereo sound. It may well have had work done to it as the picture was pristine with no scratches or negative marks and all cue marks have been removed. It took me back to those great years when Fox produced all those wonderful cinemascope films. My congratulations to Fox for such a wonderful release. I hope they continue the good work and redo some of their earlier pan and scan disasters with new masters to match this one. This is what the archives is all about and I look forward to some new cinemascope releases to match the quality of this one.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JoHud said:
Looks like there are three new Fox Archive films available through Amazon.com including the one posted above. The release date is... today! The Glory Brigade (1953), In Love and War (1958), and Island In The Sky (1938) Note that both Movies Unlimited and Amazon list In Love and War as a Fullscreen (read P&S) film even though there's a widescreen clip of it on Youtube. Let's pray this is a listing mistake and not a sign of the Fox Archives falling back to its usual terrible ways. Edit: Just noticed this gem from the description of In Love and War on Amazon which succinctly describes the mentality of the average FCA release. It's starting to look like 12 Mile Reef was a fluke after all.
Has anybody bought any of these new releases? I ordered The Glory Brigade, I should have it in a few days.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I asked this on another thread, but this seems like a good place to bring up the subject. What would it take to get Fox to release the "My Friend Flicka" TV series (39 eps.), one of the very first to be filmed in color, and the first by a major studio, in a box set?

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
I recently received 2 FCA titles : BATTLE OF BROADWAY- not a great transfer, but watchable. Dark print.
THE MEANEST MAN IN THE WORLD- Excellent transfer.
Both have good but unremarkable mono soundtracks.No problems understanding
the snappy dialogue in both movies.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Two new Academy ratio movies announced by FCA. FIVE FINGERS- an excellent movie- has been released in other regions as a pressed disc and was also out on Laserdisc. Let's hope this leads to the release of the rare Mankiewicz Fox title ESCAPE with Rex Harrison and Peggy Cummins. It has never had a VHS, LD or DVD release.

024543934325_Great_Profile_The.jpg

024543934318_Five_Fingers.jpg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I was not going to buy any films from Fox MOD.Beneath The 12 Mile Reef made me change my mind. I might even which do not want to buy a pan and scan of Prince of Players the only film I would do this for even though I have a pan and scan already from Fox Movie channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks