What's new

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS Manufacture-On-Demand DVD SERIES (2 Viewers)

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
JoHud said:
The Jackpot: An older, softer transfer but okay overall. Audio is good. Professional Soldier: Transfer is alright from a good source print with a good grey scale, but is also on the soft side. Would be a safe purchase if it were not for a very annoying analog video anomaly. About 10 minutes in, there is a weird video glitch in the form of a thin horizontal strip of multicolored video garbage right over the center of the screen. The movie is still watchable, but that anomaly almost ruins the experience. It Happens Every Spring: An older transfer with a few stray analog anomalies. Also on the fuzzy side. Overall, just mediocre on the video department. Audio is pretty good.
*sigh* More analog video masters...

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The price increase to $24.95 is quite ridiculous. Were they that tired of deepdiscount and importcds pricing them at around $12, that they had to raise the base price so there wouldn't be as much of a discount? I wouldn't hold my breath on there being any improved transfers. I'm sure Wilson will be either the same quality of what was aired on TCM or worse. Congrats to FOX, the worst MOD program of all time.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
jdee28 said:
The price increase to $24.95 is quite ridiculous. Were they that tired of deepdiscount and importcds pricing them at around $12, that they had to raise the base price so there wouldn't be as much of a discount? I wouldn't hold my breath on there being any improved transfers. I'm sure Wilson will be either the same quality of what was aired on TCM or worse. Congrats to FOX, the worst MOD program of all time.
A price increase while the other studios have stayed the same,or lowered their price? For Same quality product? What the heck is going on at Century City?!!!

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
DeWilson said:
A price increase while the other studios have stayed the same,or lowered their price? For Same quality product? What the heck is going on at Century City?!!!
Something rotten is obviously going on at Century City.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Well, I was happy with their fullframe transfers of THE BRASHER DOUBLOON and THE ROCKET MAN. I've now preordered RAIDERS FROM BENEATH THE SEA, but don't expect it until much later this month.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Lromero1396 said:
Have any of you brave souls out there received the latest MODs yet?
I have 23 Paces to Baker Street and Marriage go Round coming tomorrow from Amazon .

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
borisfw said:
I have 23 Paces to Baker Street and Marriage go Round coming tomorrow from Amazon .
I'll be interested to hear about those once you get the chance to watch them.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
My order of Wilson and Tender is the Night shipped a few hours ago. Say One for Me, A Message to Garcia, and Oh Men, Oh Women should ship tomorrow. I will report on print and sound quality as soon as possible. :)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
ahollis said:
Some of the titles in this Fox wave are listed as 14.99 on Amazon.
Just checked and I couldn't find any at $14.99 . Just the 2 Grable's for 15.98 .

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Justin Ray said:
My order of Wilson and Tender is the Night shipped a few hours ago. Say One for Me, A Message to Garcia, and Oh Men, Oh Women should ship tomorrow. I will report on print and sound quality as soon as possible. :)
Gracias. I eagerly and patiently await your reports :)

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Yes. Looking forward to hearing the reports. I have OH MEN! OH WOMEN! coming soon, though as I am in Australia others may get a copy and report to HTF before me. The OLDIES.COM website is informative re these titles The indicate -in most cases- if the movie is a Pan-and-Scan/FullFrame transfer of a Wide Screen movie and also if the Wide Screen releases are in 16:9. According to them, THE MARRIAGE GO ROUND, OH MEN! OH WOMEN! and HOLIDAY FOR LOVERS are in 16:9 CinemaScope, while LISA is in 4:3 Letterbox. No details are given regarding SAY ONE FOR ME, TENDER IS THE NIGHT and WARLOCK. According to the screen archives website they are panned-and-scanned, but knowing the unpredictability of Fox I think it's worth waiting to hear from someone brave enough to purchase them.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Lromero1396 said:
I'll be interested to hear about those once you get the chance to watch them.
Just did a quick check of both 23 Paces to Baker street and Marriage go round on my MacBook . 23 Paces to Baker Street is Full screen . The picture also seems dark and murky . Disappointing . Marriage Go Round looks to be in letterbox . The print looks pretty good . The only problem is my copy had some type of defect . There is a jagged white line going through the top of the black in the letterbox . So back it goes to Amazon . I hope this isn't a problem with the master print .

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
borisfw said:
Just did a quick check of both 23 Paces to Baker street and Marriage go round on my MacBook . 23 Paces to Baker Street is Full screen . The picture also seems dark and murky . Disappointing . Marriage Go Round looks to be in letterbox . The print looks pretty good . The only problem is my copy had some type of defect . There is a jagged white line going through the top of the black in the letterbox . So back it goes to Amazon . I hope this isn't a problem with the master print .
Grrrr. We'll never see 23 Paces in a proper transfer. The jagged white line is inherant to the analog master. You see them with analog broadcasts on FMC all the time. Usually on TV, the line is hidden by overscan. On the Macbook, it's not. This is precisely what I expected these releases to be. They will never learn...

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Lromero1396 said:
Grrrr. We'll never see 23 Paces in a proper transfer. This is precisely what I expected these releases to be. They will never learn...
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, investing in an inexpensive region free player (mine cost $40) would allow you access to 23 Paces To Baker Street in anamorphic wide screen. Mine is from Australia but I believe it's also available in England. Anyway, one of the moderators has all but announced it's coming from Twilight Time eventually for the blu people..

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Brent S said:
Pan-&-Scan, not remastered. Off-the-shelf copy used for FMC.
Thomas T said:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, investing in an inexpensive region free player (mine cost $40) would allow you access to 23 Paces To Baker Street in anamorphic wide screen. Mine is from Australia but I believe it's also available in England. Anyway, one of the moderators has all but announced it's coming from Twilight Time eventually for the blu people..
Thomas, I just might do that. And if it is being prepped for a TT release, that master must be lurking somewhere where the Fox MOD team never bothers looking. If it even exists yet. Brent, are you able to confirm it is P&S based on your own viewing of the disc?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Lromero1396 said:
And if it is being prepped for a TT release, that master must be lurking somewhere where the Fox MOD team never bothers looking. If it even exists yet.
Everything Fox gives to TT is off the shelf. Usually with Sony as well though it seems Sony does do new transfers for TT on some occasions (the Major Dundee theatrical cut, for example). It's just another example of the Fox MOD crew being lazy and putting no effort into the releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks