TvShowsOnDVD down??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Adam T, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Adam T

Adam T Agent

I've tried going to tvshowsondvd.com but I have no luck. If I recall they had a problem on friday night of saturday night, one of those nights and had a problem on their server.
    Anyone know whats going on??

2. Adam T

Adam T Agent

Just tried it again. Works now

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

When I was posting all that news last night at once, the site kinda had a spaz-out (probably because of all the automated e-mails sent alerting registered readers to the story). Gord fixed it up quickly, though, and reposted all my news items that got screwed up in the process.

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Yeah, since moving to a new server if we post too many news items at once the server goes into shock. I'm checking my code to see if there's any reason for it, and hopefully it can be fixed. We jumped a few versions of ColdFusion with the server move and some of the code had to be updated.

Gord

5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

Any chance of getting the RSS feed back up? I really liked it, and miss it quite a bit.

Thanks guys, love your site!!

6. Gord Lacey

I hope to get it back up and running. There were quite a few bugs with the coding when I moved it to the new server, and with everything else that's been going on I haven't had a chance to look at it.

Gord

7. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

No Prob!

Thanks for the update. Get the more important things working first, I'll just remember to check in every so often.

8. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Could someone please explain the RSS feed to me in layman's terms? I still don't know what the hell it is =P

9. Gord Lacey

John, basically a way to keep track of news and when we add it to the site. Lots of sites are using this now and if you have an RSS reader you can watch the feed and then be notified when it changes.

Hope that helps,
    Gord