What's new

tvshowsondvd.com (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
if you go to the tv-dvd section, and submit 35% instead of the default 40%, you can get a bigger display of the shows available. i always display it in the order of newly listed, so i can see what is new.

the weird thing is that many of the shows that are listed have been on dvd for months. any thoughts ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i look for new shows about every other day. happy days - season 1 just popped up at the top. but when i go to amazon, it says released in 2004.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I had forgotten about that Amazon sale link at TSoD. I hit that site every day; it's one of my 'net home tabs, but I haven't looked at that sales list for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I think you are misinterpreting the use of New in this case. I never took it to mean new to DVD but just new to the Amazon sales list.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i see - you mean that amazon never sold that dvd, even though it came out in 2004 ? gosh, i guess i was thinking that all i had to do was go to amazon to see if a tv show had been legally released or not ?

from what you are saying, that does not seem to be true. is there any one site that lists all the shows that have legal copies ? irregardless if they sell them or not. i am just curious as to what shows have had any sort of releases on them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjet

i see - you mean that amazon never sold that dvd, even though it came out in 2004 ? gosh, i guess i was thinking that all i had to do was go to amazon to see if a tv show had been legally released or not ?

No, that's not what Brad means. What's happening when anyone opens the Amazon Sale link at TVShowsonDVD.com is that it shows dvd sets that have just gone on sale at whatever discount you choose. It's not telling us that Amazon is just now carrying those titles. Amazon carries titles the day they are originally released 99.99% of the time. The only thing "new" in this case is that the title in question just went on sale at Amazon for a discounted price. Not that Amazon just got the dvd in stock for the first time.

Gary "hope that clarifies things" O.

Mary_P

Second Unit
As I understand that list, "recent additions" on that pages just means it's a new sale price. I'm sure Amazon has been selling Happy Days ever since it was released. "Family Guy" volume 5 isn't a new release either, but the 40%-off sale price may be new.

TV Shows on DVD is the best place to go to find out whether something has been legitimately released in the U.S., but I think you're probably looking at the wrong pages there to get what you want. Use the "Release Schedule" pages for upcoming releases, or "DVD Releases" for a comprehensive list of shows that have already been released.

ETA: And of course the front page for the latest buzz about what's in the pipeline for the future.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
oh, i get it now.

new can simply mean a price reduction ?

i guess i can still use it, but i will think of it as a different tool - LOL.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
thanks mary,

did not see your reply when i made my last post. checked out that area - wow, there are tons of titles, great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks