What's new

TV to be used outdoors - opinions/recommendations (1 Viewer)

tvfan2

Auditioning
Real Name
Ja Sp
Here are my facts:: Going to mount a flat screen outdoors (approx 40"), ceiling mount on a covered deck. I live in Alabama where the temperature extremes are from the teens to 100 degrees. I do plan on covering the tv and taking it inside during the extreme temps both low and high. The tv will not be in the direct sun. I realize that you can purchase screens specifically designed to be used outside but these $2K plus are way outside what I want to spend. I'm not brand specific and my question really is regarding technology. Would any of the technologies (lcd, led or plasma) be inherently worse than the others in this application? If not, I'll probably just shop by price and maybe weight. Thanks in advance

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Id go WalMart cheap and see how that works for you. For non controlled lighting...chose a LCD panel. Im sure lots of stuff will be on for less than $600 over Black Friday / Thanksgiving.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
$600 is a lot of money to waste. You've got 3 problems: Heat, cold, and humidity. TV's are not meant to be outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks