What's new

TV/ Sound ? (1 Viewer)

Josh Christense

Auditioning
I'm in the market for buying a hometheater system nothing that will break my bank though. I'm thinkin on a 35in SANYO tv says it has 700 lines of resolution 3-line digital comb filter and all the s-video and av hookups and in is crt regular tub type tv, Dont know weather i should go for a panasonic or other flat picture tube.

wondering if sounds like it would be good? also i'm looking to buy speaker too. but i don't know what to buy i want something that should give me some shaking of the room its about width 15feet by id say 35feet and i don't know weather to but a home theater in a box or higher quality. HIgh guality isn'y chhep here tho i already have an rca dvd player but its hooked to the vcr juat wondering if some ?'s could be cleared, i don't mean to buy enrything at once just the tv first and i don't want a tv thats like 1000$ but something that is still going to be good

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Josh, your post is a little hard to understand so I assume you live in the "French" part of Canada. I'm gonna take a stab at your questions. First of all, are you planning on getting a digital TV (HDTV) or an analog one? I would assume you are looking at a digital TV since you mentioned 720 lines of resolution. Most analog TVs are of the 480i or interlaced resolution. As far as anaglog CRT TVs go, I have a 36" Panasonic that has great picture quality and pretty good sound. The Panasonic TAU sets are pretty nice but can be a bit pricey. The TAU flat screens I have auditioned are really quite good and have great picture quality. As for the speakers, are you looking for a "surround" speaker system or just a subwoofer? I ask that because you mentioned wanting room shaking sound. A subwoofer alone wouuld not do you any good if you do not have an A/V receiver to hook it up to, although my Panasonic DVD player has a powered subwoofer output so no receiver is necessary. If you already have a DVD player it would be wise to buy separate components, i.e., A/V receiver and separate 5.1 speaker systems. Be advised that you cannot hook up a speaker system to the TV itself. Most folks on this forum generally agree that most Home Theaters in a Box severely limit what you can do so far as expansion goes. If you shop wisely, you can get separate components for the same price as a mid to high end HTiB. I am surprised that hooking your DVD player to your VCR hasn't caused problems with copy protected DVD discs. Almost every DVD to VCR hookup I have seen has resulted in video anomolies when MacroVision encoded discs are played. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks