What's new

TV Shows screaming for DVD (1 Viewer)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Anyone remember Rocko's Modern Life? This show was on Nickelodeon a while back when I was a kid. Funny as hell, i still watch all my recorded tapes, since they dont air for some reason now. I would love to see this show in its entirety.:D
l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
My number one choice would be the greatest televison drama of all time: "St. Elsewhere".

Others: "Seinfeld", "The Wonder Years", "Northern Exposure", "Freaks & Geeks", "The Bob Newhart Show"

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
Anyone remember Rocko's Modern Life?
yes, and i also remember the $50 bucks a friend and i forked over for all the episodes on ebay, and how crappy all the tapes looked...bastard. i would love to see these underrated episodes in crisp dvd.

i also agree with the wonder years(which is my most realistic request).

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Max Headroom
Yes please! Release all 13 episodes in a multi-disc set, and include the original British TV movie on an additional disc. Any outtakes, commentary, making of specials, etc, would also be appreciated. The could even include some of the commercials (for Pepsi, I believe?) that featured Max Headroom, although perhaps that might be difficult for legal reasons.

A highly under-appreciated series... and unfortunately short lived.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Northern Exposure tops my list.

Others I'd like to see include The Waltons (that time compressed TNN version drives me nuts!), Eight is Enough, James at 15/16, This Old House...

Rocky F

Second Unit
Alias. It would probably be the only show I could convince my wife that full season sets would be worth the money.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Speaking in terms of Region 1 (as I believe a couple of these are currently available in some form in other regions):
[Boris Karloff's] THRILLER (1962-63) Universal
THE FUGITIVE (1963-67) Paramount/Viacom
THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1964-66) Paramount/Viacom
THE WILD WILD WEST (1965-69) Paramount/Viacom
MAVERICK (1957-62) Warner
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (1955-62, the other, non-Hitchcock-directed episodes) Universal
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) Universal
WAY OUT (1961) David Susskind estate/Museum of TV & Radio
RIPPING YARNS (1977-79) BBC/Warner
KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER (1974) Universal
M-SQUAD (1957-60) Universal
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER (1957-63) Universal
ULTRAMAN (1966) Tsubaraya Productions
JONNY QUEST (1964-65) Warner
ROCKY & HIS FRIENDS/THE BULLWINKLE SHOW (1959-62) Jay Ward Productions/Universal (--?)
WKRP IN CINCINNATI (1978-82) Fox --stymied by music rights issues
SCTV: SECOND CITY TELEVISION (1976-84) Second City/NBC/HBO/possible other rightsholders --ditto

Sean G

Auditioning
The Golden Girls
There's a reason why Lifetime is still in operation, and this series is why. Make no mistake about it.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Gunsmoke. All 633 episodes from 1955 to 1975, or at least as many as still exist. Plus all the episodes of the shortlived Dirty Sally spinoff series as a bonus.

That's a lot of DVDs. Perhaps I can wait until HD-DVD makes it possible to store about 12 hours of DVD-quality video on one disc. That way the whole series would take only one entire row of a storage shelf instead of taking a whole storage shelf unit unto itself.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
ER is *SCREAMING* for Region 1 release. I'm close to just getting the Japan DVDs, but I'd really rather be able to get R1 releases. With Friends selling successfully, I hope Warner will give their #1 drama season box set releases...soon.
Others that I *REALLY* want, and would buy w/o hesitation: Home Improvement, Wonder Years, Boy Meets World, NewsRadio
A lot others if released would get my attention and probably my money, but the 5 I've mentioned are what's screaming to me. :)

Blu

Screenwriter
Home Movies
Space Ghost C2C
Harvey Birdman
Sealab
Underdog (the full shows)
Rocky and Bullwinkle

Holden Pike

Stunt Coordinator
Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm", which is getting more and more brilliant as it rolls along. In the third season now, it actually puts me on the floor with laughter on a regular basis. Far and away my favorite show on the air right now. Even "The Sopranos", which I still enjoy and look forward to, is becoming little more than a warm-up for Larry David time!
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" has always gotten rave reviews, and this year even the Emmys noticed it with some high-profile nominations. So how 'bout it, HBO? A couple nice complete season sets would make me as happy as Larry David is miserable and petty.
That and the rest of "Mr. Show" and "The Larry Sanders Show" A.S.A.P., please. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks