What's new

TV Shows in MGM's 2nd wave of MOD (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Any word on when (or if) the second season of Highway Patrol will be released by MGM's MOD program?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
A better question is if ANY new TV shows will be released by them in this program. We also need the final season of "Flipper" too.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P

A better question is if ANY new TV shows will be released by them in this program. We also need the final season of "Flipper" too.

Yes, that is the question. It's been a while since MGM has released those.

Gary "wish I knew what they were thinking" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

A better question? Interesting.

That aside, I hope MGM release some new TV shows via their MOD program.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm pretty sure Jack wasn't trying to be insulting with his response. It's a pretty standard way to ask a question when one has larger doubts about something. I agree with him in that at this point it really is an "if" more so than a "when" with the MGM MOD program. But that's just my two cents.

Gary "I'd love to see Flipper and Highway Patrol get more releases" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Exactly. The reason I used the term "better" is because there hasn't been *any* indication at all that this MOD program is continuing at all for TV series in general. We had the one group of titles released at the exact same time and since then there has been......nothing. No other titles, regardless of decade they were made in, so that means before we go asking about the future of one particular title we need to know if this program in general is still active.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

Exactly. The reason I used the term "better" is because there hasn't been *any* indication at all that this MOD program is continuing at all for TV series in general. We had the one group of titles released at the exact same time and since then there has been......nothing. No other titles, regardless of decade they were made in, so that means before we go asking about the future of one particular title we need to know if this program in general is still active.

I need to check to see if it hasn't already been posted about, but when I checked on Amazon.com this weekend for Highway Patrol: Season 1, to see what price it was (I cancelled my order as the release date kept changing. It's still over $50), on the same Amazon.com search results page for Highway Patrol: Season 1 was a listing for a Charles Bronson film called Big House, U.S.A., also an MOD title (it co-stars Broderick Crawford).

Summing up the current situation with the various MOD programs:

Warner Archive Collection - releasing titles

MGM - still active?

Sony - ?.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Summing up the current situation with the various MOD programs:

Warner Archive Collection - releasing titles

MGM - still active?

Sony - ?.

Sony seem to be more about quality than quantity, but they haven't announced any new yet.,but have been averaging 5-10 a month.

MGM seems to be releasing material in blocks, but they don't seam to have a set frequency.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Gary OS Gary "I'd love to see Flipper and Highway Patrol get more releases" O.

Same here, Gary. I do know that the third season of FLIPPER was available for streaming on Netflix last summer. Am currently not a subscriber, so don't know if it's still there or not as they swap out streaming titles monthly. But presumably this could mean that materials are out there for a MOD release.

I would also like to see more HP and, of course, an official release of my all time ZIV fave, SEA HUNT. I am quite the ZIV devotee and would love to see more of their shows, such as EVERGLADES and RIPCORD, but I know the odds on anything besides HP and maybe SEA HUNT getting released in any venue/format are very slim. I certainly would embrace streaming as an alternative if such rare TV could be accessed, just to see what some of these vintage series were like.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
If MGM's MOD programe continues with TV titles I'd like to see The Eleventh Hour released. Not to be confused with the UK and US shows called Eleventh Hour, this two season show originally aired on NBC between 1962 and 1964. I didn't know about it until I looked at the TV.com programme overview for The Psychiatrist.

EDIT: Since this post was originally made, it was discovered that The Eleventh Hour is a Warner Brothers show.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Since Green Acres has been streaming for a while now, one would hope MOD discs would follow. A proper retail set would be better, but it's clear we're never getting that unless Shout! manages to get the license.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
If MGM's MOD programe continues with TV titles I'd like to see The Eleventh Hour released. Not to be confused with the UK and US shows called Eleventh Hour, this two season show originally aired on NBC between 1962 and 1964. I didn't know about it until I looked at the TV.com programme overview for The Psychiatrist.
This is a Warner owned show, from the original MGM that Ted Turner purchased in the early 80s. Also its one of the very few shows that Turner owned which never aired even as little as one episode on TNT.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

This is a Warner owned show, from the original MGM that Ted Turner purchased in the early 80s. Also its one of the very few shows that Turner owned which never aired even as little as one episode on TNT.

Yes, since I made my previous post I found out The Eleventh Hour was a Warner Brothers show. Also, not heard much about this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks