What's new

tv show you'd buy but will never make it to dvd (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
For some reason I was thinking the other day about a tv show. It's certainly not my all-time favorite or anything, but it did always make me laugh. But we'll see snow in hell or an OAR of Kung Fu season 1 long before we'd see this on dvd.

Yes, I'm talking about CPO Sharkey. :)

So anyway, I was wondering, what tv shows would you buy on dvd that'll never make it out?

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Sleepwalkers. NBC only aired 2 episodes before they axed it, so I know it's way too obscure to ever get dvd treatment. But I'd love to see that show again someday.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
BEACON HILL. Yes I said Beacon Hill. This was the American
adaptation of Upstairs Downstairs that was on CBS for about 13 minites. I believe it was George Rose and Nancy
Marchand leading the cast.
Best
Greg

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well WKRP is an obvious one for me too, but as you say, it has more to do with music rights than lack of popularity.

Tanja

Agent
Wonder Years (my fave show)

as of the rights problems of the songs (many of the best songs ever done, great oldies) i guess that show will never be released on dvd (would be very very expensive to get the rights for all of this songs, and, the show is a cult show with big fans but not sooooo many who would buy it on dvd i guess)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Too numerous to mention as there are literally hundreds of shows from the 50s thru the 70s that will never see the light of day. Luckily I've been collecting on tape for over 25 years so I have about 98% of what I want in that format already. But for arguments sake:

My Living Doll - 26 episodes, 1964, Bob Cummings and Julie Newmar. Supposedly the producer couldn't make any sales on the show and sometime in the 80s (pre-DVD, pre-cable explosion of old television) he got tired of paying storage and chucked out all of the prints.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
The Nowhere Man thread got me thinking about this ... two sitcoms that I really liked from UPN's debut season: Pig Sty and Platypus Man. I loved Pig Sty, but these shows are dead and buried I think.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Savannah (WB Soap)
Presidio Med
Pasadena
Gloria
Tabitha
Central Park West

I believe now that anything coming out is possible since Significant Others is coming out.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A lot of short run series that ran on UPN:
-All Souls
-Mercy Point
-The Strip
Etc, etc, etc

A personal favorite..Vengeance Unlimited starring Michael Madsen. A great series killed before it's time.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Down the Shore, ran for like 2 years on Fox early to mid 90's.
Of course, WKRP is another one and Wonder Years also but for different reasons, IE music rights not popularity.
I don't know that the Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis will ever make it to DVD but I'd buy it on release day.

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
The one show that I desperately want on DVD but, unfortunately, probably won't make it is Picket Fences. IMO, Picket Fences is one of the best dramas to ever grace the television screen.

A few more picks that most likely won't make it to DVD:
B.A.D. Cats
Young Dan'l Boone
Emerald Point N.A.S.
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
Fridays
Eight Is Enough
How The West Was Won
Paper Dolls
Robin's Hoods
Salvage 1
The Magic Garden

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Leona,

Friday's would be awesome. Some great skits with Michael "Kramer" Richards.

Veronica H

Auditioning
I'll say "Wonder Years" too, as well as "Picket Fences" - but you know, I'm still holding out hope for Picket Fences.

I'd buy "Birds of Prey" on release day, now there's a show that would look awesome on DVD. I'd buy "Fastlane" too if they released just that one season that was made.

Veronica

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i like to have an old show called " its about time "
but i know it will never be released.

also id kill for the pilot show called " Salvage "
the Series was called " Salvage one " i never get tird of watching the pilot one. lucky for me i got it recorded but i like to have it like new on dvd.

other good shows i love to have is...

The Exo-man (1977) 100min. color with david ackroyd

Killdozer (1974) 74 min. color with carl betz

The Questor Tapes (1974) 100 min. color with robert foxworth

The girl, the goldwatch, and everything (1980) 100 min. color with robert hays / pamela dawber

crack in the world (1965) 96 min. color

something for a lonely man (1968) 98 min. color with dan blocker

The Time Machine (1978) 99 min. color with john beck.

it! (1966) 96 min. color with roddy mcdowall

Bright leaf (1950) 109 min. b/w with gary cooper

CARBINE WILLIAMS

FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON(1958)

Galactica 1980

Sergeant DeadHead

The Amazing Captain Nemo (1978)

if any of this ever get released on dvd it will more then likey be after im dead! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks