What's new

TV on DVD/Blu Ray @ Big Lots: Anyone Confirm? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
UPDATED 7/27/09

WANTING:

Tales from the Crypt. ALL sets. (Paul_Scott may have some for me)
Looney Tunes Golden collections. ALL except Vol 1.
Josie and the Pussycats. (Paul_Scott may have one for me)
Popeye. All sets except Vol1.
Top Cat.
Scooby Doo Where are You? Season 1 & 2. If they have that in the sale. I got Season 3 a week ago.
Adventures of Superman. Season 5&6.
Dallas seasons 4, 10 & 11

SAW AT MY STORE:
Wacky Races. 5+ sets there
Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm. Complete. 2 or 3 left.
Pinky & the Brains. They may have some of those left. I'll look when I return Wed or Thurs.
Animaniacs. Vol 2. 4 or 5
Superfriends. Vol 2. Saw 1 left.
Nightmares & DReamscapes. I remember seeing 2 or more copies of this.
Dallas. Season 7. Still a few left.
Tracey Takes on. Season 1. About 8 of those. What I saw before WAS a concert DVD which I plan to nab when I see it again. BUt they just added about 10 of Season 1 of her show. Can't wait to see this again.
Lots of Flintstones season 1 and 3, ALL opened. No other seasons unfortunately.
Popeye Vol 1 (33-38). I got one of those for myself. But there was about 10 more.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
If they are opened, you have the ability to check those DVD sets for defects ... I wish you could do that with every purchase.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mark "looking for the silver lining" Talmadge. ;)

Very true, though. I looked at one Season 5 when they had them and it had smudges and at least one scratch. So I got another and it was okay.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They have Life Goes on season 1 at mine for $6. I'm tempted to get it. But I'm worried there will never be Season 2 and beyond on that one. If it was $3...weeeeelll....Heh heh! A few dollars shouldn't matter. I'll probably grab one once the smoke clears on all the $3 stuff.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

Man, you're so lucky. Dallas and Dukes? I'd pick up the Dallas sets just at that $3 price. That's a real steal even if you're not a big fan. Still a great show. Who Shot JR. I remember when that epsiode originally aired.

Wish my local Big Lots would get more Dukes of Hazzard sets in. They only had one set in when I checked them out.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Dallas sets are $6/each.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I found Pebbles and Bamm Bamm complete series and vol 1 of Popeye at the 4th Big Lots that i visited. I found loads of West Wing and The OC at all of them. But everything else was available very sparingly. I want to know where people are finding Roots or Tales from the Crypt or Animaniacs. There are none available in the Dallas TX area!!! If some were available, they have all been bought.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Big Lots near me, the first one, only had Top Cat for $3 so I picked that up but I'm expecting that there will be a new shipment this week. BL stores seem to be getting once a week shipments on these DVD boxed sets.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly

I found Pebbles and Bamm Bamm complete series and vol 1 of Popeye at the 4th Big Lots that i visited. I found loads of West Wing and The OC at all of them. But everything else was available very sparingly. I want to know where people are finding Roots or Tales from the Crypt or Animaniacs. There are none available in the Dallas TX area!!! If some were available, they have all been bought.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen any of the Roots, Crypt, or Animaniacs sets; tons of West Wing and The O.C., though. Must just be how they were boxed up. Depending in which boxes were shipped where determines what titles are available. I think I'm going to check a second store tonight to see if there's anything different.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen any of the Roots, Crypt, or Animaniacs sets; tons of West Wing and The O.C., though. Must just be how they were boxed up. Depending in which boxes were shipped where determines what titles are available. I think I'm going to check a second store tonight to see if there's anything different.
I have zero interest in The West Wing or The OC. Doesn't look like any of those are selling either.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Good God, I must live near the worst Big Lots in the country. I haven't found anything close to what you all are finding. I haven't seen anything as far as tv sets other than a Best Of set of the New Scooby Doo Movies!!

I wanna move!!!!!!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I know what you're saying. I think certain titles are shipped to certain regions of the U.S. I've only seen a few selected titles, and only a small selection of the titles that have been reported by everyone else.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Shame on me I sill haven't stopped by my local store. It's a couple of miles away. I'll get over there this week and post what I see is there (Dallas suburb) .

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wish Big Lots stroes, all of them, would just carry a permanent selection of boxed sets and leave it at that.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Mark,
Big Lots can't carry DVDs like Best Buy because what they do is buy a bulk sum of remaindered/overstock titles and price them to move quick. Once these sell out, they're sold out. There is no restocking in this business model - although they do shift stock between stores if a product moves better in one region.

Warner Home Video isn't going to print up a bunch more Flintstones sets to be sold at $3 a pop.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, they can. SInce they already keep a steady supply of standard DVD movies, they can do the same with boxed sets. All they need do is rotate the stock. I know everytime I go into the one Big Lots store, they always sell out of their boxed sets. Most are probably buying them to sell on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks