What's new

TV Nation Returns?! (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
As much as I can't stand Michael Moore or his politics right now, I would gladly give up 30 minutes to an hour each week if he brought back one of the best shows of the 90s.

From www.michaelmoore.com :

-- In the past week, I have obtained funding for my next documentary, and I have been offered a slot back on television to do an updated version of "TV Nation"/ "The Awful Truth."

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So long as he gets his TV Nation collaborators back. The "Taxi" story that Rusty Cundieff did made me split my sides.

Instead, though, we'll probably get more "Crackers, The Corporate Crime Chicken". Funny once, but I liked the weeks with Yuri, the former KGB spy, more (and the one where they hired Yuri was another classic).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Great stuff, I hope he's given a license to kill per-say. I hope Showtime pairs it with Penn & Teller (if they are indeed the benefactor)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Not to mention its disturbing implications.

Excellent, excellent series. I hope it does return in its unfettered glory. (It's hard to believe that NBC was once ever so bold.)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's hard to believe that NBC was once ever so bold.
It originally aired in the summer, right? Every few years NBC (the blandest of all networks) will order something biting and then bury it in the summer once they realize that they've put Michael Moore or Don Roos on the payroll and they aren't really a match for Friends and Seinfeld.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Um, I wasn't saying that Moore and Cundeiff lying... I was just saying that it showed Moore's tendency to distort for comedic/dramatic effect - successfully, in this case.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
If anybody has ever seen the book Moore wrote about the making of TV Nation, it's well worth a read. I've seen it in the budget bin/closeout type of bookstores you'll find in outlet malls, and it brings back a lot of fun memories about some of the best segments, not to mention the awesome polls

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed TV Nation, but Moore's credibility with me has taken some big hits. Other then the taxi situation, NBC was sued over a TV Nation segment where Moore claimed an industrial corporation was severely polluting a small Texas town.

Moore's defense? He claimed TV Nation was an entertainment program, not a news program. Thus, it's stories were not to be taken as truth. I remember later reading that NBC settled out of court with corporation.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I myself can't stand Micheal Mooreon. And yes he is an entertainer with strong delusions more than a journalist.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Here we go with the MM bashing again. My advice? If you don't like him, don't watch him. You know what you're in for when you tune in. That's why I don't watch Fox "News".

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There are, and always report such posts in private to the administration. If anyone cares to bash or praise Michael Moore as a filmmaker/documentarian/TV commentator/gadfly/speaker-of-the-truth, do so in the still-active Bowling for Columbine thread in Movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks