TV Mounting Help

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by digitalboi, Jul 3, 2013.

1. digitalboi

digitalboi New User

Jason Cobb
    Ok, So I have been wrestling with this issue for some time now... Building a new house and the living room has a half wall. that is the wall the TV must go on, all of the LV wiring is already done so its not an option to move it.

I am going for a clean modern look so no TV stand... So how to mount the TV?

I have thought of flipping a ceiling mount upside down... or flipping the rails on a standard wall mount. But I don't know how well either of those options would work. So I am looking for suggestions and ideas on how to best accomplish attaching the TV to this darn half wall...

Here are a couple of pictures of the half wall so you can get an idea of what I am talking about....

Wall is 42" tall, TV is currently a 42" TV but will be upgraded to a 60" model soon. In wall speakers will be installed on the half wall as well...

(OK so this thread wont let me attach the pictures... here is a link to them I have posted on another forum)

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/235415/

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/235414/

Thanks SO much in advance for all the help and advise... I have been struggling with this one for months now!

2. mccambley

mccambley Supporting Actor

Casey
  3. digitalboi

digitalboi New User

Jason Cobb
    Thanks for the suggestions. The first one is basically a TV stand which I don't want... I want a clean look, no clutter on the floor below and no need for shelves. Everything will be contained in a rack. Im not sure what the second item is exactly... How does that work?

If anyone is good at engineering I am open to building something to make it work too, just not exactly sure how to execute it...

schan1269 likes this.