What's new

TV Mounting Help (1 Viewer)

digitalboi

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Cobb
Ok, So I have been wrestling with this issue for some time now... Building a new house and the living room has a half wall. that is the wall the TV must go on, all of the LV wiring is already done so its not an option to move it.

I am going for a clean modern look so no TV stand... So how to mount the TV?

I have thought of flipping a ceiling mount upside down... or flipping the rails on a standard wall mount. But I don't know how well either of those options would work. So I am looking for suggestions and ideas on how to best accomplish attaching the TV to this darn half wall...

Here are a couple of pictures of the half wall so you can get an idea of what I am talking about....

Wall is 42" tall, TV is currently a 42" TV but will be upgraded to a 60" model soon. In wall speakers will be installed on the half wall as well...

(OK so this thread wont let me attach the pictures... here is a link to them I have posted on another forum)

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/235415/

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/235414/

Thanks SO much in advance for all the help and advise... I have been struggling with this one for months now!

digitalboi

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Cobb
mccambley said:
Thanks for the suggestions. The first one is basically a TV stand which I don't want... I want a clean look, no clutter on the floor below and no need for shelves. Everything will be contained in a rack. Im not sure what the second item is exactly... How does that work?

If anyone is good at engineering I am open to building something to make it work too, just not exactly sure how to execute it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks