What's new

TV Mini-series Request Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

David Deakin

Auditioning
Backstairs at the White House is coming November and Eleanor & Franklin is listed at Amazon for August 30th. Although it only lists the first series!

Also, Chiefs has been released in the UK but it's the cut down 3hr version.

Deaks.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I'll give a second to Ike and add that I would definately love to see Amerika. The latter being about a Soviet occupation of the United States. One of Laura Flynn Boyle's first big gigs.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I was overseas when it was first presented on TV and I had a friend tape it for me so I could see what all the fuss was about. I am curious to see how it holds up today.
It wouldn't surprise me if it doens't hold up that well. I'm a cold war historian though, so I know that my taste in such things isn't universal ;)

There is a VHS set of the series, but every time I've seen it it's priced at $400+. So I've never seen it.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I am curious to see how it holds up today.
It would be an interesting relic. We're far enough removed from the Cold War that the threat would seem kind of, well, quaint. Of course, the fact that it aired during the beginning of the Gorbachev era makes it somewhat ironic, too.

Jim Saunders

Agent
Chiefs has been OOP on VHS for quite a while now and still no word on when this excellent series will be released?

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Hi :)

If you want a High quality print of the Mini-series The Awakening Land then let me know.
I have it on DVD-R & VHS Tape.
The quality is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10

It's being 327 min. of actual footage or the equivalent of 3 1/2 movies, would need 3 DVD-R's or 3 T-120 tapes to fit it all on,so 3 tapes.
It is in SP speed & on DVD & NTSC North American Format VHS.

It is uncut & unedited & very high in quality

As well i all 25 Liz Montgomery Movies on DVD & VHS ,in case you might be interested in something like The Legend of Lizzie Borden ,A Case of Rape,Johnny Cool, the victim, Who's Been Sleeping in my Bed for ex.

Let me know if you are interested at

[email protected]

Thanks

Larry Tate :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Alice in Wonderland 1985: (Probably the worst re-telling of this story, ever! But I love it.)

Bella Mafia

Fresno

An Inconvenient Woman

The Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything (I don't think this was a mini; I think it was a made-for)

Bare Essence

Oh hell, just put it all out on dvd.

Valerie

Auditioning
Here's my list...most of these are from the 80s:

- Fresno
- Marco Polo
- The Last Days Of Pompeii
- Black Beauty

If I could only choose one of these to be released on DVD it would have to be Marco Polo. It had it all...great actors, great locations and sets, and a beautiful score by Ennio Morricone.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Lonesome Dove. Best one by far i ever saw. Before that Rich Man Poor Man

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
The Region 1 DVD release of I Claudius is supposedly heavily edited/censored and of lower vid quality and MUCH LOWER audio quality.

(Than the region 2 I mean)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Alice in Wonderland (1985) is not the worst telling, it's one of the most faithful!

Venice-H

Agent
I was wondering if there was a thread like this.

I'll second Amerika. It may not hold up, but I'd definitely like to see it again, if only to remember old times.

But that's my #2 pick. My #1 pick - and I'm shocked that no one has mentioned it yet - is Favorite Son. Great stuff. And no, I'm NOT interested in the heavily edited VHS version. Original or nothing, baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks