What's new

TV Guide article: SG-1 season 8 is confirmed (1 Viewer)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
The article won't be out until next week, but... http://www.gateworld.net/news/genera...58371937,3257,

Kind of wish they got Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping on the cover, too, but... oh well. In a perfect world, all five current cast membres and Corin Nemec would fit on the cover.

Season eight and Atlantis. This leads to some possibilities, including a season of SG-1 and Atlantis crossing over (hopefully, more like the Buggy/Angel crossovers than the TNG/DS9 ones). That would prove to be interesting.

But TV Guide is now proclaiming "Forget Trek!"

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sweet news! I'd still like to see more lost city of the ancients plot-line, but so far I've enjoyed this season.

Peter Miller

Agent
Well...

You're going to get an entire series devoted to the lost city of the ancients plot line. Atlantis is the lost city which is where the new show is going to be based. Supposedly Jonas is going to be one of the cast members on the new show.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait. I'm very excited for both season 8 and Atlantis. I'll have to pick up the TV Guide to get the full scoop, such as how many eps RDA has signed on for, and if Jonas will be part of the Atlantis cast.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I don't mean to turn this into a Farscape thread, but while I'm glad SG-1 is getting Season 8, it looks like Bonnie Hammer couldn't help but take another cheap shot at Farscape in an article about the SG-1's renewal in today's New York Post:

"A lot of other science fiction series either become too complicated or start to take themselves too seriously," says SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer.

" 'Stargate' is smart, but it doesn't make people do homework," she says.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Bonnie Hammer's been shooting her mouth off a lot lately, biting the hand that fed them for a decade again and again

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, Hammer is absolutely right about Stargate in this case - for a seven-year-old show, it is extremely easy for a new viewer to jump in, which is unusual for a genre show, and probably a big part of why it's getting renewed.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's getting renewed because it's doing about 30% better in the ratings than any other show they've ever had

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I don't have Showtime and only started watching Stargate SG1 during this summer and I must say I'm hooked on the show.

You're right when you say it's easy to jump in after 7 seasons. The show really is smart but it is not complicated at all. The cast looks to be having a good time and that translates well onscreen.

I've been watching the episodes aired on Friday nights. I think they're the new ones but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm enjoying them. And what's surprising, I even got my wife hooked on it (she's not into sci-fi that much). I think we'll rent the DVDs to catch the show from the beginning.

Not for nothing but Sci-Fi Channel is right for standing behind this show 100%. I hate them for cancelling some other very good shows but I can't blame them for sticking with Stargate SG1. It is that good.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the episodes aired on Friday nights. I think they're the new ones but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm enjoying them. And what's surprising, I even got my wife hooked on it (she's not into sci-fi that much). I think we'll rent the DVDs to catch the show from the beginning.
Why not pick up season 1-4? There's a HUGE sale on them at Best Buy this week :) See the roundup in coupons and bargains

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Costco has a slightly better deal. Season 4 for $40 plus an additional $10 off if you buy any one of the previous season sets.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
how much are one of those trial costco memberships? I need 3 and 4 and at $35 a season, cha-ching

GordonL

Supporting Actor
In the past, they had one day memberships and you pay 5% over the posted price. Don't know if they still do that though. Full membership is now $45 but it's worth it because you do get good deals on lots of stuff. For instance, they had the same deal on Buffy box sets - $40 plus another $10 off on a previous Buffy or Angel set. BTW, if anyone is looking for the Alias Season 1 set, it's also available for $40, which is about the best everyday price I've seen. Circuit City advertised it for that this week but apparently only got a handful of copies per store, the stores near me are sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks