What's new

Turtles 2003 Series: DVD Release Date (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else catch the new ending for 'The King' aired today? It wasn't changed all that much, just one new scene added to more closley match the comics..alsdo nice to see that the turtles actually have their eyes drawn in for a change.
I saw that, but I didn't realize that it was the new ending. (Did they have to cut anything out earlier in the episode to make room for that new scene?)

As for my question earlier about the PC game demo contained on some of the DVDs, I think my problem was that I have an ATI AIW Radeon 7500 video card, but the minimum requirements are for a Radeon 8500.

I also noticed something odd on the very first episode on the DVD. After the first act break, you see the bumper with the turtles theme song. Then you see a wrecked mouser on the ground for a second, then you see another commercial bumper, but with different music. It looked like that part of the episode's video was accidentally replaced with the bumper animation. (All of the other episodes just have one bumper between the commercial breaks on the DVDs.)

Is anyone else's DVD like this? (Mine was from that box set with the toys, if that makes a difference.)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Yeah. They are all like that. And unfortunatly, I don't think the error is going to be corrected. Of course, I don't have the original TV broadcast taped either. So I dunno if it was like then there either. :)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. They are all like that. And unfortunatly, I don't think the error is going to be corrected. Of course, I don't have the original TV broadcast taped either. So I dunno if it was like then there either.
I know it wasn't like that when it aired. I don't remember exactly what it looked like when it aired, but I know it wasn't the way it is on the DVD.

Has anyone written to 4Kids or Funimation about this?

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Quick question. Numerous sites have different release dates for Vol. 5 and 6, can someone tell which day is the official release?

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Volume 5 & 6's release date is January 13th. And Volume 7 & 8's is March 23rd. :)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks for the info. I was getting real confused for awhile. Amazon is actually selling Vol.5 right now, or so it seems but I wouldn't trust it. I recently stopped watching the new episodes on TV, more of a surprise when I get them on DVD.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
[So when is the original series coming???]

Currently, the one release we did hear about from the original series fell off the radar. Artisan was going to release the 'movie' version of the first season. "The Epic Begins" that clocks in around 70-some minutes long. And basically heavily edits the original 5 episode first season into a movie. It's ok, but I'd rather have the actual first season. :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Picked up Volume 5 & 6 this morning. And was a bit disapointed that they didn't add any real extras to these releases. Especially since the first four atleast had interviews with Laird. Also, the spines of 5 & 6 are exactly the same. So instead of forming the portrait of Raphael for Vol. 5-8, the second piece is repeated twice. And I can't find any contact info for Funimation to find out if they plan to correct this. The extended ending of "The King" was good though. :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Did they include the original ending, too?
Laird said it would hopefully be on the DVD. Sadly, unless it's an Easter Egg I can't find it. But I don't mind in this case. The new more comic accurate ending is much better. Really the only thing missing from the original ending is like 20-30 seconds. Since instead of showing Donny look at the drawing with Kirby's voice over, it moves to the extended scene, and then has Donny look at the drawing with Kirby's voice over. :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Feel free to move this thread to the proper section. But we have the artwork for the March 23rd releases of the rest of Season 1. Here it is, and what episodes should be on it. :)

TMNT - Volume 7: Return to New York
Episode 20 - Monster Hunter
Episode 21 - Return to New York pt. 1
Episode 22 - Return to New York pt. 2
Episode 23 - Return to New York pt. 3

TMNT - Volume 8: Search for Splinter
Episode 24 - Lone Raph and Cub
Episode 25 - Search for Splinter pt. 1
Episode 26 - Search for Splinter pt. 2

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Release dates are up for 2 Discs from Season 2, according to Deep Discount DVD. No word on exactly what episodes will be included on the sets. Since the Turtles in Space arc is 5 episodes. And Secret origins is 3.

Sadly enough, it's impossible for them to get 8 releases out of Season 2. Because of the numerous multi-parter episodes. So I'm not sure how their spine pictures are going to work out.

But here's the listings, and the possible episodes. :)

TMNT - Volume 9: Turtles In Space -(5/04/04)
27.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars

TMNT - Volume 10: Secret Origins - (6/08/04)
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks