What's new

Tumult #3 has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
HAHA, thats too funny. Free tools are always good!
My wire cutters kept getting sucked to the magnets when I was trying to cut the wire ties. It was kind of comical trying to get them positioned while fighting the magnetic field.

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
The chrome plated hex wrenches are just a free gift thrown in from Adire for having to wait along time for your Tumult.:)

By the way, Kyle, I love the looks of that Everest. I'm sure it sounds even better than it looks.:emoji_thumbsup:

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Kyle,

That sub (Everest?) looks awesome. Can it be built so the drivers are mounted on opposite sides? That could reduce distortion at the expense of aesthetics or placement options.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Brian, sorry I didnt mean to hijack your thread....just wanted to show some Tumults too :)

Greg/Dean, Full testing this weekend.
Michael, YGM.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Is the third one the one that was reconed? Maybe I should have bought an XXX 15 while they were on sale, and then sent it in to have it reconed as a Tumult. Would have been faster and $30 cheaper.

Anyone know what is so much different about the XXX 15 that allows it be built and shipped so much faster?

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Kyle,

I was about to say, "Hey man, this is MY thread!" Nah, no problem.:)

The first two had to be reconed: one I damaged, the other UPS damaged. This one was brand damn new AFAIK.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle. . .Have you seen the 12 spoke basket XXX 15 with same magnet structure as the tumult? The also advertise as XBL^2. From the back side, they look identical. Is there actually something different internal to the driver (other than voice coil, spider, cone, etc.) that is different? When they rebuild, don't they replace the entire voice coil, spider, cone, and surround? Nothing reused but the basket, magnet, and maybe little things like the connection spring terminals. . . .Just curious as it looks to me as it would be easy to recone a XXX as a Tumult. . . .

Brian

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I need to find time to buy the wood. Plus the table saw is completely covered in the basement, so I need to wait for my dad to get his crap off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks