What's new

TST help (1 Viewer)

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all, I'm new to the boards.
I'm looking for some help and/or advice in building my HT. I plan on building a stage for all seating to be put on and plan on using TSTs or "butt rumblers" as my wife calls them. I question if I should be using one powerfull rumbler or several smaller ones. And what is the best method of install?
Anyone who has installed TST's I would like very much any advice you may be able to give.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
I was able to find some info on how to install the shakers in the floor. Looks to me like this is best for overall effect. I've had some people tell me that TSTs mounted in the seats give a localized vibration. ie. you can tell where the speaker is. I will be mounting one powerful TST in the floor between the two rows of seating. The floor will be suspended a couple of inches above the concrete of the basement floor to provide room for vibration. I'll post again on this once I get it done.

My next question has to do with the pre-amp sub channel. Can I simply split that signal to run my normal sub and then to the stand alone amp to run my TST? Or would this cause enough of a signal loss that the sub and the TST would be half as effective?

If anyone has installed a TST or similar device in their floor, please, any feedback would be very helpfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks