What's new

Trying to connect HTiB, Att uverse to TV (1 Viewer)

1sharpdog

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Recently purchase LG HTiB, Connected LG to TV via HDMI cable to HDMI 2 slot, have uverse in HDMI 1. Connect uverse to aux input on HTiB. I have to go to HDMI2, set box to aux, back to HDMI 1 to watch tv. When using uverse controller to change volume, shows "home theater volume icon with a negative and positve icon, when pressing volume, icons respond to iincrease/decrease inputs, no volume change. Need suggestions on how to properly hook these devices correctly.
Thanks in advanced,
David

1sharpdog

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Obviously, you consider LG an inferior product, this is my first experience with HTiB. The model of my system is BH6820SW. I do appreciate your assistance!!!!
Thank you very much,
David

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No, I call "all-in-one" HTiB...craptastic HTiB...regardless of manufacturer. They suck.
On page 15 of your craptastic HTiB owners manual, you have an optical.
If you want 5.1 off your Uverse...use it. That is, if your Uverse box allows simultaneous HDMI and toslink audio. It should.
Also, you will change the volume on the LG from now on(that is why you bought it)...not the TV. There should be instructions in your Uverse owners manual to default all volume(including mute) off the TV.
I can do that with a Directv remote, I would assume with all the "technical prowess" that Uverse has...they've included that basic a remote set(Directv remotes have been able to be set that way for more than 10 years)

ceh383

Grip
Real Name
Chuck
If the TV has more than 1 HDMI input...
I would connect the Uverse box to HDMI 1, the LG HTiB to HDMI 2.
Connect the Uverse Optical out to the LG HTiB Optical in.
This way to watch TV with no surround sound, turn on Uverse, turn on tv, set to HDMI 1.
To watch TV with surround, turn on Uverse, turn on TV, set to HDMI 1, turn on LG HTiB set to whatever the optical in is labeled as.
To watch DVD/BLU-RAY, turn on TV set to HDMI 2, turn on LG HTiB and go...
Any basic universal remote should be able to handle this setup, you just need to program it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks